From: tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye)
To: M <Elwood151@web.de>
Subject: Re: How to deal with small projects which are often changing their status/ person
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:39:13 -1000	[thread overview]

Aloha M,

M <Elwood151@web.de> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I'm working with org-mode to document my work and to keep track of tasks and
> projects.
>
> At the moment there are many little projects where I
>
> * get a text from someone (or write it myself)
> * have to read and edit it
> * send it oer email to 1 or 2 other colleagues which have to read / edit it
> * get it back and check the changes
> * maybe send the text again to the original author
> * then finally release the text for publication
>
> ... and you imagine, there is not only 1 such text at once but several of
> them.

A terrific source of ideas about how to organize projects with Org mode
is Bernt Hansen's web page, http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html

See especially his section 6 about adding tasks quickly with Capture.

I organize projects something like this, where the first level heading
names the project and sub-headings are tasks or task groups for the
project:

* Topic XYZ

** DONE Create text

** WAITING Revisions by Colleague ABC

** TODO Finalize text

** TODO Submit text

When something comes in via email, I quickly file it to refile.org, read
other emails, etc. Then, when convenient, I go through refile.org and
put things where they should go. Bernt's setup using ido makes it
possible to get to Topic XYZ quickly, where the choices can be narrowed
and the appropriate file location easily found.

I try to discipline myself so a DEADLINE or SCHEDULE is always attached
to a TODO item.  It is easy for me to skip the weekly project review
that the GTD approach recommends, and attaching DEADLINE and SCHEDULE
means that fewer things fall through the cracks.

hth,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye