Bernt Hansen writes: > tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes: > >> With this patch, #+CAPTION: [Short caption]{Long caption.} in the >> Org-mode source exports to \caption[Short caption]{Long caption.} in the >> LaTeX export, which is, I think, as it should be. > > Hi Thomas, > > Thanks for the patch! > > Please add the above details (without the 'With this patch' and ', which > is, I think, as it should be') to body of the commit message (starting > on line 3). This makes it possible to read just the commit log message > 6 months from now and know what the patch is about without the necessity > of reading the code changes. > > Regards, > Bernt > 6 months ... yikes! I think this is what you're asking for. Let me know if it falls short. All the best, Tom