From: jmcbray@carcosa.net (Jason F. McBrayer)
To: org-mode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Clocktable from multiple files?
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 16:26:00 -0400	[thread overview]

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> On Sep 13, 2007, at 16:01, Jason F. McBrayer wrote:
>> 2. Including CLOCK entries from archive files associated with files
>> used
>>    to construct its summaries.  Right now I can't archive completed
>>    projects because of the need to include them and their tasks in
>>    monthly reports, for example.
>
> I am not so sure about this.  The whole idea about archiving is that
> this project should no longer be used in all the list compilation by
> org-mode.  So my feeling would be that you should keep that tree in
> your work file until you no longer need it.  Also, with some files
> having multiple archive files, this gets messy.

Yes, that's fair enough, and is essentially what I'm doing.
Eventualy, I'm going to have to figure out how to say "archive
everything with a CLOSED date before the beginning of the current
month."  I think someone posted something along these lines on the
list recently; I'll have to go back and look.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    jmcbray@carcosa.net  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |