* New LaTeX exporter, problem with quotes
@ 2013-01-18  1:53 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-01-18  1:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

I just noticed quotes aren't exporting correctly with the new LaTeX
exporter.  The old one seems to work fine.

Does anyone else see this?  Or is this a SIMS (something in
my setup) bug?

For me, this Org mode buffer:

** Quotes
"This should have good LaTeX quotes."

Generates this LaTeX output:

% Created 2013-01-17 Thu 15:46
\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
\usepackage[T1]{fontenc}
\usepackage{fixltx2e}
\usepackage{graphicx}
\usepackage{longtable}
\usepackage{float}
\usepackage{wrapfig}
\usepackage{soul}
\usepackage{textcomp}
\usepackage{marvosym}
\usepackage{wasysym}
\usepackage{latexsym}
\usepackage{amssymb}
\usepackage{hyperref}
\tolerance=1000
\author{Thomas Dye}
\date{\today}
\title{}
\hypersetup{
  pdfkeywords={},
  pdfsubject={},
  pdfcreator={Generated by Org mode 7.9.3b in Emacs 24.2.1.}}
\begin{document}

\tableofcontents
\vspace*{1cm}

\section{Quotes}
\label{sec-1}
"This should have good \LaTeX{} quotes."
% Generated by Org mode 7.9.3b in Emacs 24.2.1.
\end{document}

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813

* Re: New LaTeX exporter, problem with quotes
@ 2013-01-18 21:04 ` Nicolas Goaziou
From: Nicolas Goaziou @ 2013-01-18 21:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hello,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I just noticed quotes aren't exporting correctly with the new LaTeX
> exporter.  The old one seems to work fine.

Did you activate smart quotes with either `org-export-with-smart-quotes'
or #+OPTIONS: ':t first?

I cannot reproduce it.

Nicolas Goaziou

* Re: New LaTeX exporter, problem with quotes
@ 2013-01-18 21:30   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2013-01-18 21:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nicolas Goaziou; +Cc: Org-mode

Nicolas Goaziou <n.goaziou@gmail.com> writes:

> Hello,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> I just noticed quotes aren't exporting correctly with the new LaTeX
>> exporter.  The old one seems to work fine.
>
> Did you activate smart quotes with either `org-export-with-smart-quotes'
> or #+OPTIONS: ':t first?

No I didn't.  Now that I have, the quotes are just as they should be.

Thanks!

All the best,
Tom

--