From: Andrea Crotti <andrea.crotti.0@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: GNU devroom at FOSDEM 2011
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2011 12:10:57 +0100	[thread overview]

> Hi everyone,
>
> I will be at the meeting on Saturday, and I hope to meet some of you!
> If you have an org-mode T-Shirt - I think it would be fun to wear
> it - I will.
>
> Most of all, I will be very pleased to finally meet Bastien in person.
>
> - Carsten

I will be there too and happy to meet who changed my life (well at least
from the productivity point of view).

@Bastian: if you use OSX and growl maybe you could find this useful for
the presentation:

(defun growl-popup (msg)
  "Pop up a growl notification with MSG, or display an Emacs message.
The \"growlnotify\" program is used if `window-system' is non-nil and
the program is found in `exec-path'; otherwise `message' is used."
  (interactive)
  (if (and window-system (executable-find "growlnotify"))
      (shell-command (concat "growlnotify -a /Applications/Emacs.app/ -m "
                             (shell-quote-argument msg)))
    (message msg)))

(defun popup-last ()
  (interactive)
  (let
      ((last-key (key-description (this-command-keys))))
    ;; check if we don't have a "stupid" sequence
    (unless
        (= (length (this-command-keys-vector)) 1)
        (growl-popup last-key))))

;TODO: make it an external package and better a minor-mode, switching would also be much easier

(setq growl-mode nil)

(defun growl ()
  (interactive)
  (if (not growl-mode)
      (progn
        (message "enabling growl mode notification")
        (add-hook 'pre-command-hook 'popup-last)
        (setq growl-mode t))
    (progn
      (setq-default pre-command-hook (remq 'popup-last pre-command-hook))
      (message "disabling growl mode notification")
      (setq growl-mode nil))))

In this way people can see what you are pressing (all commands with at
least two keys).