* store-link behavior
@ 2012-11-02 16:51 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-11-02 16:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

A pleasant feature of AucTeX is the context sensitive facility for
inserting cross references. So, having the cursor at the end of this
text, "(fig.", and pressing shortcut sequence gets a list of labeled
figure environments in a document, from which the correct one can be
chosen.

Is there something similar in Org?

I looked at store-link, with the hope that it would store a link to the
nearest link candidate, but with the cursor in the table-link table
below, store-link returns a link to the headline, test store-link, and
not a link to the table name, table-link.

* test store-link
Some text.

#+name: table-link
| a | 1 |
| b | 2 |

I'm likely missing something obvious.  Any help much appreciated.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: store-link behavior
@ 2012-12-22 22:21 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-22 22:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Thomas,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> A pleasant feature of AucTeX is the context sensitive facility for
> inserting cross references. So, having the cursor at the end of this
> text, "(fig.", and pressing shortcut sequence gets a list of labeled
> figure environments in a document, from which the correct one can be
> chosen.
>
> Is there something similar in Org?
>
> I looked at store-link, with the hope that it would store a link to the
> nearest link candidate, but with the cursor in the table-link table
> below, store-link returns a link to the headline, test store-link, and
> not a link to the table name, table-link.
>
> * test store-link
> Some text.
>
> #+name: table-link
> | a | 1 |
> | b | 2 |
>
> I'm likely missing something obvious.  Any help much appreciated.

I fixed `org-store-link' so that it stores the value of a keyword
as the search string.  Try M-x org-store-link RET on #+name: and let
me know if it works (from master).

Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: store-link behavior
@ 2012-12-23  0:49   ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2012-12-23  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <bzg@altern.org> writes:

> Hi Thomas,
>
> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:
>
>> A pleasant feature of AucTeX is the context sensitive facility for
>> inserting cross references. So, having the cursor at the end of this
>> text, "(fig.", and pressing shortcut sequence gets a list of labeled
>> figure environments in a document, from which the correct one can be
>> chosen.
>>
>> Is there something similar in Org?
>>
>> I looked at store-link, with the hope that it would store a link to the
>> nearest link candidate, but with the cursor in the table-link table
>> below, store-link returns a link to the headline, test store-link, and
>> not a link to the table name, table-link.
>>
>> * test store-link
>> Some text.
>>
>> #+name: table-link
>> | a | 1 |
>> | b | 2 |
>>
>> I'm likely missing something obvious.  Any help much appreciated.
>
> I fixed `org-store-link' so that it stores the value of a keyword
> as the search string.  Try M-x org-store-link RET on #+name: and let
> me know if it works (from master).
>
> Thanks!

I pulled and tried M-x org-store-link RET at different points on a
#+name: line, but got the headline above every time

org-stored-links is a variable defined in `org.el'.
Its value is
(("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland Activity" "Inland Activity")
 ("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland Activity" "Inland Activity")
 ("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland Activity" "Inland Activity")
 ("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland Activity" "Inland Activity")
 ("file:~/Public/projects/924-regional-chronology/regional-chronology.org::*Inland Activity" "Inland Activity"))

Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-828-ge87344 @ /Users/dk/.emacs.d/src/org-mode/lisp/)

Tom
--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: store-link behavior
@ 2012-12-29  5:31     ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-29  5:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thomas S. Dye; +Cc: Org-mode

Hi Thomas,

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> I pulled and tried M-x org-store-link RET at different points on a
> #+name: line, but got the headline above every time

It should be fixed now.  Note that I had the correct link but with
the headline used as the name, so maybe your problem is different.

Can you pull from master and tell me if you still have this error?

 Bastien