* Odd export of a selected tree
@ 2011-09-08 14:23 Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2011-09-08 14:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

Consider a  file containing something like:

             * Test     :export:
             * Test 2

And now export it, say to ascii format.

I get a buffer containing:

             1 Test  :export:

Is this expected?

Thanks, Eythan

* Re: Odd export of a selected tree
@ 2011-09-08 15:29 ` Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2011-09-08 15:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eythan Weg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

eythanweg@gmail.com (Eythan Weg) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Consider a  file containing something like:
>
>              * Test     :export:
>              * Test 2
>

> And now export it, say to ascii format.
>
> I get a buffer containing:
>
>              1 Test  :export:
>

> Is this expected?
>
> Thanks, Eythan

Aloha Eythan,

I believe the answer to your question is "yes".  See
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-9 for an
explanation.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye
http://www.tsdye.com

* Re: Odd export of a selected tree
@ 2011-09-08 23:12   ` Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2011-09-08 23:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye)
Thu, 08 Sep 2011 05:29:38 -1000

   eythanweg@gmail.com (Eythan Weg) writes:

   > Hi,
   >
   > Consider a  file containing something like:
   >
   >              * Test     :export:
   >              * Test 2
   >

   > And now export it, say to ascii format.
   >
   > I get a buffer containing:
   >
   >              1 Test  :export:
   >

   > Is this expected?
   >
   > Thanks, Eythan

   Aloha Eythan,

   I believe the answer to your question is "yes".  See
   http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-latex-export.html#sec-9 for an
   explanation.

   All the best,
   Tom

   --
   Thomas S. Dye
   http://www.tsdye.com

Thanks.  I read the link.  Still, do you mean that the tag :export: is
expected to be exported in addition to the selected tree?

@ 2011-10-22 10:35 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-10-22 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eythan Weg; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Eythan,

eythanweg@gmail.com (Eythan Weg) writes:

> Hi,
>
> Consider a  file containing something like:
>
>              * Test     :export:
>              * Test 2
>

> And now export it, say to ascii format.
>
> I get a buffer containing:
>
>              1 Test  :export:
>

> Is this expected?

Use (setq org-export-with-tags nil) or #+OPTIONS: tags:nil
directly in your org buffer.  The :export: tag will still do
its job.

HTH,

--
 Bastien

* Re: Odd export of a selected tree
@ 2011-10-23 16:29   ` Eythan Weg
From: Eythan Weg @ 2011-10-23 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bastien <bzg@altern.org>
Sat, 22 Oct 2011 12:35:51 +0200

   Hi Eythan,

   eythanweg@gmail.com (Eythan Weg) writes:

   > Hi,
   >
   > Consider a  file containing something like:
   >
   >              * Test     :export:
   >              * Test 2
   >

   > And now export it, say to ascii format.
   >
   > I get a buffer containing:
   >
   >              1 Test  :export:
   >

   > Is this expected?

   Use (setq org-export-with-tags nil) or #+OPTIONS: tags:nil
   directly in your org buffer.  The :export: tag will still do
   its job.

Yes,  thank you.

Eythan