Indirect buffers are of immense help but I had the same issue. Can confirm that the hack referring to spec instead to the buffer-file-name and getting the buffer-base-buffer respectively, does the trick. Great! On 2015-09-04 Fri 17:49, Kyle Meyer wrote: > Rainer M Krug writes: > >> Hi >> >> it seems that tangling from an indirect buffer does not work. Is this by >> design or a bug? > > I don't think that's by design. > >> Would it be possible to make this possible? > > Does the below patch work for you? If so, I can test it more thoroughly > and send a proper patch. -- Fetch my gnupg key: gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys 7E3CA33F