Eric Schulte writes: > Achim Gratz writes: > >> tsd@tsdye.com (Thomas S. Dye) writes: >>> The attached patch defines a new header argument, :special, which wraps >>> the results of Org babel source block execution in a #BEGIN_ ... #+END_ >>> block. The block name is taken from a new variable >>> org-babel-wrap-special, which is initialized as "results". >> >> What is the rationale for feeding the block name via a configuration >> variable rather then a value to the header argument ":special"? >> >> >> Regards, >> Achim. > > Attached is an alternate patch and an example of its use. This patch > introduces a ":wrap" header argument which accepts an optional value > used to specify the name of the block with which to wrap results. If > this looks workable we could push it up once it gets some documentation > and tests. > > Cheers, > > > #+Title: demonstrating the new :wrap header argument > > #+begin_src emacs-lisp :wrap schulte > '((1 2) > (3 4)) > #+end_src > > #+results: > #+BEGIN_schulte > | 1 | 2 | > | 3 | 4 | > #+END_schulte Hi Eric, Thanks for the :wrap header argument. It works for me. The attached patch on top of your patch looks for :wrap drawer, and puts the result in a drawer, rather than wrapping the results in #+begin ... #+end. What I'm trying to do is make :results wrap obsolete. Also, note that with the :wrap header argument, :results org and :results latex are both redundant. I'm not sure how you want to handle this--whether to leave them in place or remove them. I'll volunteer to work on the documentation. All the best, Tom