(Btw, that's with the box face attribute set with your patch. Just playing with it to see if I like it.) Dan > >> Also, >> >>> "Eric Schulte" wrote: >>>> I think that adding a new block delimiter face which inherits from the >>>> org-meta face as you've suggested is the way to go. >>>> >>>> I would recommend however that rather than removing/changing the >>>> org-meta-line, quote and verse delimiting faces to cover the entire line >>>> you simply add the org-block-begin/end-line face overtop of these existing >>>> faces. That way the default behavior is not changed by the patch, and >>>> users have more control over the final display. >>>> >>>> In fact rather than having the org-block-begin/end-line faces inherit from >>>> org-meta-line why not have them begin as empty faces. Do you think this >>>> sounds like a good way to go? If so would you mind submitting a patch >>>> which >>>> - doesn't remove existing faces but rather adds these new faces overtop >>>> of them >>>> - includes of definition of the org-block-begin/end-line faces to empty >>>> faces (otherwise the elisp compiler will warn of references to >>>> undefined variables) >> >> Could you clarify whether the above suggestions have been adopted or >> rejected? > > I understand you're asking this question, because what you see is *not* the > final patch, but just a test file for understanding the change and testing it. > >> At the moment the code below alters the background color of the begin/end >> lines by default; but presumably the final version will not alter any >> appearances by default? > > Exactly. > >> How will that work? > > I realize I did not correctly understood the point of Eric. What I had in mind > was that the org-block-begin/end-line faces would inherit from org-meta-line > with no additional feature. So, by default, it will just be a copy of all > their properties. > > It would simplifying the code (well, not a huge deal) in the following way: > instead of applying first org-meta-line, then org-block-begin/end-line, I > would just apply the latter. > > But I can follow the idea of Eric, now that I just understood it in details, > if anybody finds it more sensible. I have no position to defend on this > subject. I'll follow your advice. > >> Would you be able to supply a patch, or better, put your work in a >> publicly accessible git branch? It's hard to see exactly what changes >> you have made with the full code as below. (Please contact me for write >> access if you'd like to use the fork at >> https://github.com/dandavison/org-devel.) > > Can you send me whatever required information per private mail (to the address > you see, that's working!)? > > Looking forward to it. > > Best regards, > Seb