On Mon, Aug 09 2010, Carsten Dominik wrote: > I don't think anyone calls Org commands with M-x, and if a hacker > needs to find a command name, `C-h b' and in particular `C-h k' are > the perfect ways to get to the names. I don't have a horse in this race, but I will note that I call Org commands with M-x /all the time/. There's just so much functionality that even when keybindings exist I may not know them. And of course I don't use the menu because that would require reaching for the mouse ;) For anyone else in this situation, I can't recommend strongly enough the package smex.el (I get it from http://github.com/nonsequitur/smex/, but it's also in the Emacs Lisp Package Archive). It offers ido-like completion for function names. For me, this makes the entire emacs environment, but Org especially, much more discoverable via the M-x interface. HTH, /au -- Austin Frank http://aufrank.net GPG Public Key (D7398C2F): http://aufrank.net/personal.asc