On Wed, Oct 08 2008, Robert Goldman wrote: > I think this means that I don't really understand the meaning of > SCHEDULED, nor do I understand how the agendas are composed. But I'm > looking at the info manual now, and I'm not actually enlightened. > > Is there something I should do to tag something SCHEDULED like this so > that it no longer appears in my agenda view as something still to be > done? Is there a HAPPENED tag, or something like that? ,----[ (info "(org)Deadlines and scheduling") ] | SCHEDULED | Meaning: you are planning to start working on that task on the | given date. | | The headline will be listed under the given date(1). In addition, | a reminder that the scheduled date has passed will be present in | the compilation for _today_, until the entry is marked DONE. | I.e., the task will automatically be forwarded until completed. | | *** TODO Call Trillian for a date on New Years Eve. | SCHEDULED: <2004-12-25 Sat> | | Important: Scheduling an item in Org mode should not be understood | in the same way that we understand scheduling a meeting. Setting | a date for a meeting is just a simple appointment, you should mark | this entry with a simple plain time stamp, to get this item shown | on the date where it applies. This is a frequent | mis-understanding from Org-users. In Org mode, scheduling means | setting a date when you want to start working on an action item. `---- HTH, /au -- Austin Frank http://aufrank.net GPG Public Key (D7398C2F): http://aufrank.net/personal.asc