On Tue, Jul 27 2010, Eric Schulte wrote: > The following should work. It uses an inline code block > > #+TBLNAME: test-table > | key | value | > |-----+-------| > | a | 1 | > | b | 2 | > > Is there any way to refer to cell @2$2 within the text of an org-mode > document, and have that reference converted to the value > src_emacs-lisp[:var d=test-table[3,1]]{d} during export? Eric-- This is great! Thanks very much. If you're accepting feature requests, I'd still love to have a way to use org-table reference syntax to embed cell values inline. I don't know whether this is better thought of as a core or babel feature, though. Looking at the source of org-table-fix-formulas and org-table-eval-formula in org-table.el, there may be some room for refactoring the reference resolution procedure into a standalone function. I'm in the middle of wrapping up my thesis and moving, so I definitely won't look at this any time soon. If this itch still needs scratching in September I may revisit it then. If a talented soul addresses it before then, even better! Thanks again, /au -- Austin Frank http://aufrank.net GPG Public Key (D7398C2F): http://aufrank.net/personal.asc