Hello-- Sometimes I want to clock in but I'm not in an org-mode buffer. Would it be possible to either provide a function or hook that uses the current buffer to add a selection to the destinations provided by `org-clock-select-task'? I can see two possible functions I would add to an `org-clock-prepare-selections-hook'. First, a version with remember that would create a new task to clock into based on the current buffer #v+ (defun au-clock-in-to-new-task () (if (fboundp org-remember) ;; use one of my remember templates that creates a TODO entry under ;; the heading "uncategorized tasks". it includes a link to the ;; current buffer (org-remember nil (kbd "t"))) ;; ;; then either clock in to the task right away, ;; or add the new task to the selection buffer somehow ;; ... ) #v- And second, a version that lets you browse to an existing task. #v+ ;; I think this one doesn't work as written, but only because I don't ;; know what I am doing (defun au-clock-in-go-to-task () ;; use the org-refile interface to go to an existing task (org-refile t) ;; ;; then do something with link to buffer we clocked in on ;; ... ) #v- Does a hook or some other way of introducing this functionality already exist? If not, would other people use it? Thanks, /au -- Austin Frank http://aufrank.net GPG Public Key (D7398C2F): http://aufrank.net/personal.asc