From: Tobias Getzner <tobias.getzner@gmx.de>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [BUG] Mark-up handling chokes on unicode whitespace
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 17:44:19 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Hello Aaron!

On Tue, 23 Sep 2014 13:03:06 -0400, Aaron Ecay wrote:

> 2014ko irailak 23an, Tobias Getzner-ek idatzi zuen:
>>
>> When mark-up such as =monospace=, /italic/, etc. is preceded by a
>> non-8bit whitespace, e. g., «narrow no-break space» (U+202F) or
>> «no-break space» (U+00A0), org-mode will not recognize the mark-up
>> content correctly
>
> You will need to change the variable org-emphasis-regexp-components; see
> the documentation thereof.

Thank you very much! This seems to do it.

Might I suggest amending unicode whitespace to the default? That variable
seems a bit opaque and I might probably never have discovered it on my
own; it also appears as if one has to ensure that this is set before org-
mode is «required», and one cannot easily just extend the default without
also setting the rest. For type-setting purposes, at least the class of
non-breaking whitespace is very useful.

At first I thought it might be easy to cleanly solve such problems by
using the whitespace character class throughout, but to my chagrin it
seems that at least «search-forward-regexp» will only match 8-bit
whitespace this way, so I suppose Emacs regex isn’t aware of non-ASCII
whitespace? :'|

Best,
Tobias