From: Herbert Sitz <hesitz@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: how to get images support in Emacs on Windows?
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2015 01:03:34 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Ben <yfefyf <at> gmail.com> writes:

> You can download the corresponding dlls from ezwinports [fn:1] and
put them into emacs's `bin` directory.

> There are some instructions in the "Image support" part on page [fn:2].
>
> [fn:1] http://sourceforge.net/projects/ezwinports/files/
>
> [fn:2] https://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs/windows/

Ben, Ista, Yuri -- Thanks for all your help.  I finally got things going by
grabbing the dll's from the ezwinports project and putting them in emacs/bin
directory.  The zlib1.dll was packaged in the libpng zip file so that was
all I needed to get my png images to show.  Like many things was simple once
I knew how to do it.

That StackOverflow answer was on point but was dated; I don't think Emacs 24
will work with the files it mentions there, which are the ones from the
GnuWin32 project.  Turns out all this info was in the Gnu Emacs for Windows
readme/install instructions.  Unfortunately I installed long time ago and
didn't recall that info, and my web searches weren't turning it up.

Thanks for all your help.

-- Herbert