* PlantUML
@ 2014-12-15 17:23 Ciaran Mulloy
From: Ciaran Mulloy @ 2014-12-15 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
I just tried evaluating plantUML source code in babel and get the following
error message: "Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile
/home/cmulloy/.emacs.d/elpa/contrib/scripts/"

I'm currently in the latest stable release of org-mode 8.2.10
and have downloaded the plantuml.jar application in the
/home/cmulloy/.emacs.d/elpa/contrib/scripts/ directory.

I did manage to test the plantuml.jar application and validate that it
wasn't corrupt by successfully running plantuml directly and building .png
files directly:

java -jar plantuml.jar -verbose sequenceDiagram1.txt

I tried was able to use babel to execute both ditaa and dot code
successfully so it seems the problem is with plantuml!

I had a look at the ob-plantuml.el file but could see nothing of relevance
and am still learning elisp.

Any thoughts?

Regards,
Ciaran

* Re: PlantUML
@ 2014-12-15 18:50 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-12-15 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ciaran Mulloy <crmulloy@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
> I just tried evaluating plantUML source code in babel and get the following
> error message: "Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile
> /home/cmulloy/.emacs.d/elpa/contrib/scripts/"
>
> I'm currently in the latest stable release of org-mode 8.2.10
> and have downloaded the plantuml.jar application in the
> /home/cmulloy/.emacs.d/elpa/contrib/scripts/ directory.
>
> I did manage to test the plantuml.jar application and validate that it
> wasn't corrupt by successfully running plantuml directly and building .png
> files directly:
>
> java -jar plantuml.jar -verbose sequenceDiagram1.txt
>

> I tried was able to use babel to execute both ditaa and dot code
> successfully so it seems the problem is with plantuml!
>
> I had a look at the ob-plantuml.el file but could see nothing of relevance
> and am still learning elisp.
>
> Any thoughts?

This maybe:

org-plantuml-jar-path needs the complete pathname of your plantuml.jar.
Customize appropriately.

Nick

* Re: PlantUML
@ 2014-12-15 23:59   ` Ciaran Mulloy
From: Ciaran Mulloy @ 2014-12-15 23:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 15/12/14 18:50, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Ciaran Mulloy <crmulloy@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Hi,
>> I just tried evaluating plantUML source code in babel and get the following
>> error message: "Error: Invalid or corrupt jarfile
>> /home/cmulloy/.emacs.d/elpa/contrib/scripts/"
>>
>> I'm currently in the latest stable release of org-mode 8.2.10
>> and have downloaded the plantuml.jar application in the
>> /home/cmulloy/.emacs.d/elpa/contrib/scripts/ directory.
>>
>> I did manage to test the plantuml.jar application and validate that it
>> wasn't corrupt by successfully running plantuml directly and building .png
>> files directly:
>>
>> java -jar plantuml.jar -verbose sequenceDiagram1.txt
>>

>> I tried was able to use babel to execute both ditaa and dot code
>> successfully so it seems the problem is with plantuml!
>>
>> I had a look at the ob-plantuml.el file but could see nothing of relevance
>> and am still learning elisp.
>>
>> Any thoughts?
>>
> This maybe:
>
> org-plantuml-jar-path needs the complete pathname of your plantuml.jar.
> Customize appropriately.
>
> Nick

Hi Nick,
Yes!
The instructions in the ob-plantuml file state: ;; plantuml.jar |
`org-plantuml-jar-path' should point to the jar file, I had just put in
the path.
I amended to "(setq org-plantuml-jar-path
"~/.emacs.d/elpa/contrib/scripts/plantuml.jar")" and it works!

Many thanks
Ciaran