* Hidden files from beamer export, not cleaned up by org
@ 2014-12-01 14:09 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2014-12-01 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: orgmode

I've just noticed -- after exporting an org file using the beamer backend, two hidden files are left in the directory. They both contain LaTeX code, so I'm quite sure they're coming from the export.

.fuse_hidden000001c000000001:
~~
\relax
\providecommand\hyper@newdestlabel[2]{}
\providecommand\HyperFirstAtBeginDocument{\AtBeginDocument}
\HyperFirstAtBeginDocument{\ifx\hyper@anchor\@undefined
\global\let\oldcontentsline\contentsline
\gdef\contentsline#1#2#3#4{\oldcontentsline{#1}{#2}{#3}}
~~ ... And so on, for 90 lines

.fuse_hidden000001c100000002:
~~
\BOOKMARK [2][]{Outline0.1}{``Lifted''}{}% 1
\BOOKMARK [2][]{Outline0.2}{``Lifted''\040sounds}{}% 2
~~

Unlike the other LaTeX temporary files, these are not cleaned up after the export.

Bug?
hjh

* Re: Hidden files from beamer export, not cleaned up by org
@ 2014-12-01 15:28 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-12-01 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

James Harkins <jamshark70@qq.com> writes:

> I've just noticed -- after exporting an org file using the beamer
> backend, two hidden files are left in the directory. They both contain
> LaTeX code, so I'm quite sure they're coming from the export.
>
> .fuse_hidden000001c000000001:
> ~~
> \relax
> \providecommand\hyper@newdestlabel[2]{}
> \providecommand\HyperFirstAtBeginDocument{\AtBeginDocument}
> \HyperFirstAtBeginDocument{\ifx\hyper@anchor\@undefined
> \global\let\oldcontentsline\contentsline
> \gdef\contentsline#1#2#3#4{\oldcontentsline{#1}{#2}{#3}}
> ~~ ... And so on, for 90 lines
>
> .fuse_hidden000001c100000002:
> ~~
> \BOOKMARK [2][]{Outline0.1}{``Lifted''}{}% 1
> \BOOKMARK [2][]{Outline0.2}{``Lifted''\040sounds}{}% 2
> ~~
>
> Unlike the other LaTeX temporary files, these are not cleaned up after the export.
>
> Bug?

Somewhere but probably not in org - it can't clean up what it does not
know about. What system is this? Does this have anything to do with

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace

perhaps?

Nick

* Re: Hidden files from beamer export, not cleaned up by org
@ 2014-12-01 16:31   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2014-12-01 16:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos@gmail.com> writes:

> James Harkins <jamshark70@qq.com> writes:
>
>> I've just noticed -- after exporting an org file using the beamer
>> backend, two hidden files are left in the directory. They both contain
>> LaTeX code, so I'm quite sure they're coming from the export.
>>
>> .fuse_hidden000001c000000001:
>> ~~
>> \relax
>> \providecommand\hyper@newdestlabel[2]{}
>> \providecommand\HyperFirstAtBeginDocument{\AtBeginDocument}
>> \HyperFirstAtBeginDocument{\ifx\hyper@anchor\@undefined
>> \global\let\oldcontentsline\contentsline
>> \gdef\contentsline#1#2#3#4{\oldcontentsline{#1}{#2}{#3}}
>> ~~ ... And so on, for 90 lines
>>
>> .fuse_hidden000001c100000002:
>> ~~
>> \BOOKMARK [2][]{Outline0.1}{``Lifted''}{}% 1
>> \BOOKMARK [2][]{Outline0.2}{``Lifted''\040sounds}{}% 2
>> ~~
>>
>> Unlike the other LaTeX temporary files, these are not cleaned up after the export.
>>
>> Bug?
>
> Somewhere but probably not in org - it can't clean up what it does not
> know about. What system is this? Does this have anything to do with
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace
>
> perhaps?

See

   http://askubuntu.com/questions/493198/what-is-a-fuse-hidden-file-and-why-do-they-exist

* Re: Hidden files from beamer export, not cleaned up by org
@ 2014-12-03  4:17   ` James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2014-12-03  4:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <ndokos <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Somewhere but probably not in org - it can't clean up what it does not
> know about. What system is this? Does this have anything to do with
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Filesystem_in_Userspace
>
> perhaps?

That's probably it. I set up my machine to dual-boot Windows and Ubuntu (I'd
happily do without Windows, but I have to teach some Windows-only software),
and (as far as I recall) I'm seeing this only on an NTFS partition mounted
into the /media directory. It makes sense for Fuse to be involved in that case.

I won't worry about it, then, or maybe hack up a post-export hook.

Thanks for clarifying,
hjh