* Launching Emacs org-mode commands from Windows 7 command line?
@ 2014-07-31 15:22 Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2014-07-31 15:22 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: Launching Emacs org-mode commands from Windows 7 command line?
@ 2014-07-31 21:25 ` Andy Moreton
From: Andy Moreton @ 2014-07-31 21:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Thu 31 Jul 2014, Martin Beck wrote:

> I want to use a shell command in Windows 7 command prompt (cmd.exe) to create
> a search agenda view in Emacs org-mode (in the active frame).
> I tried like that:
> emacsclient --eval '(org-search-view nil "search string")'
> but with no success.
> In the command line I get the error message:
> *ERROR*: End of file during parsing
> And I get no a search or search result in Emacs org-mode.
> Any tips are appreciated. I'm using Windows 7, Emacs 24.3 and org-mode 8.2.6
> Kind regards
> Martin

cmd.exe has strange quoting rules. Does this work for you ?

emacsclient --eval "(org-search-view nil """search string""")"

HTH

    AndyM

* Re: Launching Emacs org-mode commands from Windows 7 command line?
@ 2014-08-01  7:01   ` Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2014-08-01  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Andy Moreton <andrewjmoreton <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > I tried like that:
> > emacsclient --eval '(org-search-view nil "search string")'
> > but with no success.
> > In the command line I get the error message:
> > *ERROR*: End of file during parsing
>
> cmd.exe has strange quoting rules. Does this work for you ?
>
> emacsclient --eval "(org-search-view nil """search string""")"

Thanks a lot, Andy!
That does the trick!

Martin