* How to list inactive timestamps and logged items together in agenda?
@ 2014-06-05 11:21 Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2014-06-05 11:21 UTC (permalink / raw)

* Re: How to list inactive timestamps and logged items together in agenda?
@ 2014-07-28 12:35 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2014-07-28 12:35 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi Martin,

"Martin Beck" <elwood151@web.de> writes:

> I want to create an agenda view which lets me list all items, I've
> been working on in a certain time interval in chronological order.
>
> I have created an agenda which does that by listing all headings with
> inactice timestamps like that:
>
> ("ip" "past 7d +3d" agenda "" ((org-agenda-overriding-header
> "Activities during last 7 days") (org-agenda-start-day "-7d")
> (org-agenda-span 10) (org-agenda-repeating-timestamp-show-all nil)
> (org-agenda-include-inactive-timestamps t) (org-agenda-entry-types
> (quote (:deadline :timestamp :sexp)))))
>
> My problem is: it only lists items with an inactive timestamp, but
> not those which have been clocked in the observed time.

I'm not sure I understand why clocked headline don't show up.

Or maybe you just need to hit "l" in the agenda to also include
done headlines (assuming clocked items are done)?

Let us know if you came up with another solution,

--
 Bastien

* Re: How to list inactive timestamps and logged items together in agenda?
@ 2014-07-28 22:26   ` Samuel Wales
From: Samuel Wales @ 2014-07-28 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)

i have these notes in my .emacs-alike:

;;this is a good solution, but it is a defvar.  ] to do it
;;temporarily.  it might exclude the ts in the closed ts.
(setq org-agenda-include-inactive-timestamps t)
;;
;;this way i can see what i did so far in the day and remind me
;;of good or bad things i did instead or in addition to the real
;;items to do today.  l to toggle.
(setq org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)

i also find that it really helps to have inactive lines be their own
font instead of the default font.

The disease DOES progress.  MANY people have died from it.  And
ANYBODY can get it.

Denmark: free Karina Hansen NOW.

* Re: How to list inactive timestamps and logged items together in agenda?
@ 2014-07-29  9:15     ` Martin Beck
From: Martin Beck @ 2014-07-29  9:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Samuel Wales <samologist <at> gmail.com> writes:

> i have these notes in my .emacs-alike:
> (setq org-agenda-include-inactive-timestamps t)

> (setq org-agenda-start-with-log-mode t)
>
> i also find that it really helps to have inactive lines be their own
> font instead of the default font.

I use the first one too for my agenda view, but my problem is:

I want to combine the agenda with the clocking report (I get it by hitting v
c in agenda view) which shows me clocking gaps and clocked time intervals
with the above mentioned view of all inactive timestamps of that day.

But as soon as I hit "vc", all other lines have disappeared, it seems to be
impossible to combine a clocking table with other agenda lines.

ideally it would look like that:
  refile:      8:35- 8:36 Clocked:   (0:01) note 1 :NOTE:
Clocking gap: 14 minutes
  refile:      8:43...... Closed:     DONE [#A] task1
  refile:      8:43...... State:     (DONE) DONE [#A] task1
  refile:      9:30-10:30 [#A] appointment2
  refile:      8:50- 8:51 Clocked:   (0:01) task2