* Name for part of Org mode buffer before first headline
@ 2014-02-01 20:06 Thomas S. Dye
From: Thomas S. Dye @ 2014-02-01 20:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org-mode

Aloha all,

Is there a canonical name for the part of the Org mode buffer before the
first headline?

I checked the manual and probed my failure-prone memory off and on over
the last few days, but didn't come up with anything.

I'm looking for the Org mode equivalent of LaTeX's preamble.

All the best,
Tom

--
T.S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists
735 Bishop St, Suite 315, Honolulu, HI 96813

* Re: Name for part of Org mode buffer before first headline
@ 2014-02-01 22:49 ` Charles Berry
From: Charles Berry @ 2014-02-01 22:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Thomas S. Dye <tsd <at> tsdye.com> writes:

> Aloha all,
>
> Is there a canonical name for the part of the Org mode buffer before the
> first headline?
>
> I checked the manual and probed my failure-prone memory off and on over
> the last few days, but didn't come up with anything.
>
> I'm looking for the Org mode equivalent of LaTeX's preamble.

Well, if you want a suggestion how 'bout

  ante matter

which (mixing Latin and English and punning with physics) is the stuff
before THE stuff.

Or just 'ante' - what you put down before you begin to play.

Chuck