* rainbow parenthesis with org babel for reveal.js export
@ 2013-11-21 14:03 bernard
From: bernard @ 2013-11-21 14:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Dear list,

I am currently very happy to use orgmode and org-reveal [0] to create slide
for my lessons about programming.
I enjoy using src block to have automatic syntax highlighting for the code
fragments.
However, I now have the joy to teach a lisp variant (Clojure) for which I
have some syntactic coloring in HTML.
However, I miss rainbow parenthesis (and my students even more so !).
org-reveal page says : "Org-reveal use Org-Babel to highlight source codes."
hence my message here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated !

Best Regards

Bernard

[0] https://github.com/yjwen/org-reveal

* Re: rainbow parenthesis with org babel for reveal.js export
@ 2013-11-21 15:40 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-11-21 15:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: bernard; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Bernard,

Org-mode uses htmlize.el [1] to fontify source code blocks.  Htmlize
directly converts an Emacs buffer to HTML, so if you are exporting from
a buffer in which parenthesis are colorized, then the exported HTML
should be colorized as well.  If not then this is a question for htmlize
and/or rainbox-paren developers.

Best,

bernard <gmane.emacs.orgmode@bernard-hugueney.org> writes:

> Dear list,
>
> I am currently very happy to use orgmode and org-reveal [0] to create slide
> for my lessons about programming.
> I enjoy using src block to have automatic syntax highlighting for the code
> fragments.
> However, I now have the joy to teach a lisp variant (Clojure) for which I
> have some syntactic coloring in HTML.
> However, I miss rainbow parenthesis (and my students even more so !).
> org-reveal page says : "Org-reveal use Org-Babel to highlight source codes."
> hence my message here.
>
> Any advice would be greatly appreciated !
>
> Best Regards
>
> Bernard
>
> [0] https://github.com/yjwen/org-reveal

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Htmlize

--
Eric Schulte
https://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: rainbow parenthesis with org babel for reveal.js export
@ 2013-11-21 16:13   ` bernard
From: bernard @ 2013-11-21 16:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Eric Schulte <schulte.eric <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Org-mode uses htmlize.el [1] to fontify source code blocks.  Htmlize
> directly converts an Emacs buffer to HTML, so if you are exporting from
> a buffer in which parenthesis are colorized, then the exported HTML
> should be colorized as well.[…]

Thanks for the ultra-fast helpful answer. Pointing me to Htmilze allowed my
search-fu to find
http://yoo2080.wordpress.com/2013/08/26/how-to-make-rainbow-delimiters-mode-work-with-org-mode-export-or-htmlize/.

Cheers,

Bernard