* Show only next n tasks of a project in the agenda
@ 2012-10-23 15:48 Marcus Klemm
From: Marcus Klemm @ 2012-10-23 15:48 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello Orgmode list,

I do a lot of project planning in Orgmode. All my projects are
of the "ordered" sort, where later steps are blocked until
previous steps have been completed. In my agenda, blocked tasks
are dimmed because I like to see the next steps of a project.

But now, having a few projects running in parallel, this list
has become pretty crowded. Is there a possibility to show only
a (configurable) number of next steps (blocked tasks) per
project? The only alternative I found was to hide blocked tasks
entirely, which is not what I want.

Ciao, Marcus

* Re: Show only next n tasks of a project in the agenda
@ 2012-12-24  0:07 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-12-24  0:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marcus Klemm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Marcus,

Marcus Klemm <marcus.klemm@googlemail.com> writes:

> Hello Orgmode list,
>
> I do a lot of project planning in Orgmode. All my projects are
> of the "ordered" sort, where later steps are blocked until
> previous steps have been completed. In my agenda, blocked tasks
> are dimmed because I like to see the next steps of a project.
>
> But now, having a few projects running in parallel, this list
> has become pretty crowded. Is there a possibility to show only
> a (configurable) number of next steps (blocked tasks) per
> project? The only alternative I found was to hide blocked tasks
> entirely, which is not what I want.

I've been working on something for this... long time ago.
Let's see if I can resurrect some code to make this work.
But I agree this is desirable in general -- don't hesitate
to re-ask if nothing happens within a month.

 Bastien