* build failure
@ 2009-06-07 17:54 Jean-Marie Gaillourdet
From: Jean-Marie Gaillourdet @ 2009-06-07 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

1;2c

* build failure
@ 2012-08-26 20:00 Erich Neuwirth
From: Erich Neuwirth @ 2012-08-26 20:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I just pulled the latest version of the sources on my MacBook with OSX 10.8.1

Buildung does not work any more, here is the error.
Cannot open load file: ../UTILITIES/org-fixup.el
make[1]: *** [org-version.el] Error 255
make: *** [all] Error 2

So I installed the latest version from ELPA, when I try C-c C-c on the following code segment

#+begin_src R :session *RPisa* :results value
2*3
#+end_src

I get the error

Symbol's value as variable is void: org-current-export-file

I get the same error with the minimal code segment

#+begin_src R
2*3
#+end_src

* Re: build failure
@ 2012-08-26 20:50 ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-08-26 20:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erich Neuwirth; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Erich,

Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> writes:

> I just pulled the latest version of the sources on my MacBook with OSX 10.8.1
>
> Buildung does not work any more, here is the error.
> Cannot open load file: ../UTILITIES/org-fixup.el
> make[1]: *** [org-version.el] Error 255
> make: *** [all] Error 2

Looks like you're behind commit bf352eced, where org-compat.el has been
updated so that it loads utils/org-fixup.el, not UTILITIES/org-fixup.el

Please pull again from git, this is fixed there.

> So I installed the latest version from ELPA

Yes -- still several things to fix to get a working ELPA version.
We're on it.

Let us know if git pull does it for you.  Thanks!

--
 Bastien

* Re: build failure
@ 2012-08-27  5:54 ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-08-27  5:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Erich Neuwirth writes:
> I just pulled the latest version of the sources on my MacBook with OSX 10.8.1
>
> Buildung does not work any more, here is the error.
> Cannot open load file: ../UTILITIES/org-fixup.el
> make[1]: *** [org-version.el] Error 255
> make: *** [all] Error 2

This report is unfortunately not very useful since you don't give any
information at what commit you are.  This is especially irksome as that
information would have been in the output just one line above where
you've cut...

So my best guess is that you just need to run make again and all is well
(and since utils/ has now been renamed mk/ it may happen once again).

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld:

* Re: build failure
@ 2012-08-27  7:01   ` Neuwirth Erich
From: Neuwirth Erich @ 2012-08-27  7:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bastien; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Pulling the latest version and building it made the problem disappear.
org-version says
7.9 (release_7.9-80-gf29660.dirty)

On Aug 26, 2012, at 10:50 PM, Bastien <bzg@altern.org> wrote:

> Hi Erich,
>
> Erich Neuwirth <erich.neuwirth@univie.ac.at> writes:
>
>> I just pulled the latest version of the sources on my MacBook with OSX 10.8.1
>>
>> Buildung does not work any more, here is the error.
>> Cannot open load file: ../UTILITIES/org-fixup.el
>> make[1]: *** [org-version.el] Error 255
>> make: *** [all] Error 2
>
> Looks like you're behind commit bf352eced, where org-compat.el has been
> updated so that it loads utils/org-fixup.el, not UTILITIES/org-fixup.el
>
> Please pull again from git, this is fixed there.
>
>> So I installed the latest version from ELPA
>
> Yes -- still several things to fix to get a working ELPA version.
> We're on it.
>
> Let us know if git pull does it for you.  Thanks!
>
> --
> Bastien

* Re: build failure
@ 2012-08-27  7:09     ` Achim Gratz
From: Achim Gratz @ 2012-08-27  7:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Neuwirth Erich <erich.neuwirth <at> univie.ac.at> writes:
> Pulling the latest version and building it made the problem disappear.
> org-version says
> 7.9 (release_7.9-80-gf29660.dirty)

What have you changed to make it "dirty"?

Regards,
Achim.