From: David Rogoff <david@therogoffs.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Minor org mode for achieve code folding effects
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 18:19:00 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

David Rogoff <david <at> therogoffs.com> writes:

> Carlos Russo <mestre.adamastor <at> gmail.com> writes:
>> I have used both Carsten's and Eric's  solution, as well as hideshow-org
(https://github.com/secelis/hideshow-org), which works rather well and deserves
a mention.
>> Expanding a bit on Carsten's post: Tassilo Horn wrote some convenience
functions to set the outline minor mode regexps to correspond to the current
comment syntax. Thus, if I'm (for instance) in shell-script mode, # * and # **
become the outline level 1 and 2 markers.

> I have all this working and it's great. But... This is using outline-minor-
mode. Like Giovanni, who started this thread, I'm used to orgmode, which is a
little different although it uses outline mode. I tried hacking the code to use
orgstruct-mode, which is the minor mode version of orgmode. I got a little
figured out, but got lost.

> I would think all of Tassilo's code to automatically set up outline-regexp
would still be valid, but I'm not doing something right. I saw Carsten's message
to look at the visibility cycling and understand that, but the keymaps are not
working right and the outline-regexp isn't being set right. I've worked around
the latter with a quick function I can call from the file buffer. However, I
don't know what's going on with the keymap. It looks right. For example, c-h k
TAB gives this:

>   <tab> runs the command orgstruct-hijacker-command-102, which is an
interactive Lisp function. It is bound to <tab>.
>   (orgstruct-hijacker-command-102 ARG)
>   In Structure, run `org-cycle'.
>   Outside of structure, run the binding of `[(tab)]' or ` '.
>
> However, it doesn't seem to recognize when it's in a structure. M-x org-cycle
works as does M-x org-global-cycle.

> I only need this for emacs-lisp-mode and verilog-mode so I simplified
Tassilo's code (for now) like this:

>    (when (eq major-mode 'emacs-lisp-mode)
>     (setq outline-regexp ";; [*]+ "))
>    (when (eq major-mode 'verilog-mode)