* Bug in pdf export of tables with latest development version
@ 2011-10-29  0:42 Herbert Sitz
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-10-29  0:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I'm having problems exporting to pdf with a source block that generates a table
result.  If the table has enough rows to get to bottom of page, it seems, the
rest of the table output disappears/is discarded and the pdf document skips to
text after the source block output.

Everything works fine with html output.

Here's sample code.  With repeat number of above 50 or so it will truncate table
output in resulting pdf:
--------------
* Head one

#+begin_src python :exports results :results value
mylist = []
for i in range(100):
    mylist.append([i,i+1,i+2,i+3,i+4])
return str(mylist)
#+end_src

#+results:

* Head two
more text for head two
---------------

* Re: Bug in pdf export of tables with latest development version
@ 2011-10-29  0:49 ` Herbert Sitz
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-10-29  0:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Herbert Sitz <hesitz <at> gmail.com> writes:
> I'm having problems exporting to pdf with a source block that generates a
table
> result.  If the table has enough rows to get to bottom of page, it seems,
the
> rest of the table output disappears/is discarded and the pdf document
skips to
> text after the source block output.

A little more info.  Looking at the .tex file all of the exported data is there
in a \tabular section.  However as I said whatever goes beyond end of page where
table starts is discarded or invisible on conversion to pdf.  It seems no page
breaks are getting put into the table, just runs off end of first page in pdf.

-- Herb

* Re: Bug in pdf export of tables with latest development version
@ 2011-10-29  2:17   ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-10-29  2:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Herbert Sitz; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, emacs-orgmode

Herbert Sitz <hesitz@gmail.com> wrote:

> Herbert Sitz <hesitz <at> gmail.com> writes:
> > I'm having problems exporting to pdf with a source block that generates a
> table
> > result.  If the table has enough rows to get to bottom of page, it seems,
> the
> > rest of the table output disappears/is discarded and the pdf document
> skips to
> > text after the source block output.
> >

> A little more info.  Looking at the .tex file all of the exported data is there
> in a \tabular section.  However as I said whatever goes beyond end of page where
> table starts is discarded or invisible on conversion to pdf.  It seems no page
> breaks are getting put into the table, just runs off end of first page in pdf.
>
> -- Herb

You probably should try using a long table: section 12.6.4 in the manual
or evaluate

    (info "(org) Tables in LaTeX export")

Nick

* Re: Bug in pdf export of tables with latest development version
@ 2011-10-29  2:37     ` Herbert Sitz
From: Herbert Sitz @ 2011-10-29  2:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:

> You probably should try using a long table: section 12.6.4 in the manual
> or evaluate
>
>     (info "(org) Tables in LaTeX export")
>
> Nick

Nick --- Thanks, that did the trick.  Sorry to trouble you, upgrading to 7.7
development version and could have sworn same thing worked fine in the 7.4 I was
using, but I'm sure I was mistaken. Thanks again.   --- Herb