* #+begin_example broken when #+begin_src included inside?
@ 2011-06-12 23:30 Erik Iverson
From: Erik Iverson @ 2011-06-12 23:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Can anyone confirm the following:

Export the following org-mode markup to, say, latex

* a headline
here's an example of a code block ...
#+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
#+BEGIN_SRC <language> <header arguments>
<code>
#+END_SRC
#END_EXAMPLE

I get (only relevant portion included):

\section{a headline}
\label{sec-1}

here's an example of a code block \ldots{}
\lstset{language=<language>}
\begin{lstlisting}
<code>
\end{lstlisting}

So, somehow the begin_src block is getting interpreted as such even though it's
in a begin_example block...I of course want the whole of the text inside the
example to simply be in the output verbatim. Did a bug creep in perhaps?

Thanks!

--erik

* Re: #+begin_example broken when #+begin_src included inside?
@ 2011-06-13  0:46 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2011-06-13  0:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Erik Iverson; +Cc: nicholas.dokos, Emacs-orgmode

Erik Iverson <eriki@ccbr.umn.edu> wrote:

> Can anyone confirm the following:
>
> Export the following org-mode markup to, say, latex
>
> * a headline
> here's an example of a code block ...
> #+BEGIN_EXAMPLE
> #+BEGIN_SRC <language> <header arguments>
> <code>
> #+END_SRC
> #END_EXAMPLE
>

> I get (only relevant portion included):
>
> \section{a headline}
> \label{sec-1}
>
> here's an example of a code block \ldots{}
> \lstset{language=<language>}
> \begin{lstlisting}
> <code>
> \end{lstlisting}
>

> So, somehow the begin_src block is getting interpreted as such even
> though it's in a begin_example block...I of course want the whole of
> the text inside the example to simply be in the output verbatim. Did a
> bug creep in perhaps?

I can certainly confirm that: I reported it a week ago - see

    http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42546

Nick

* Re: #+begin_example broken when #+begin_src included inside?
@ 2011-06-14  3:26   ` Paul Sexton
From: Paul Sexton @ 2011-06-14  3:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos <at> hp.com> writes:

> I can certainly confirm that: I reported it a week ago - see
>
>     http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/42546
>
> Nick

Lots of org syntax remains inappropriately "live" inside EXAMPLE blocks.
For example, a property drawer inside an EXAMPLE block will show up
'folded' when you open the file.

Paul

* Re: #+begin_example broken when #+begin_src included inside?
@ 2011-06-14 12:04     ` Darlan Cavalcante Moreira
From: Darlan Cavalcante Moreira @ 2011-06-14 12:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Paul Sexton; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

This seems to be true for other blocks as well, besides the example block.
For instance, my Emacs configuration is in an org-mode file (using the
starter kit) and in one src block where I define my capture templates I had
a template with a PROPERTY drawer that was folded, even thought it was a
string in an Emacs-lisp src block.

In fact, because of this drawer I could not set any property in any heading
of the whole file with "C-c C-x p". I just got an error, until I bisect my
whole file to find the cause and remove the template (I moved its content
to a file and pointed the capture template to the file).

--
Darlan Cavalcante