* Include headings in export, but exclude from TOC?
@ 2011-05-17  1:38 Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2011-05-17  1:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

:NOEXPORT: removes a heading from export and the TOC. Is there a tag that will
only exclude a heading from appearing in the TOC?

-Luke

* Re: Include headings in export, but exclude from TOC?
@ 2011-05-17  2:41 ` suvayu ali
From: suvayu ali @ 2011-05-17  2:41 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Luke Crook <luke@balooga.com> wrote:
> :NOEXPORT: removes a heading from export and the TOC. Is there a tag that will
> only exclude a heading from appearing in the TOC?

For LaTeX export the following header option should take care of this:

H:4 says export up to level 4 headlines num:3 says only number up to
level 3 headlines

I am not sure whether this works for the other export backends.

--
Suvayu

* Re: Include headings in export, but exclude from TOC?
@ 2011-05-17 17:15   ` Luke Crook
From: Luke Crook @ 2011-05-17 17:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Mon, May 16, 2011 at 6:38 PM, Luke Crook <luke <at> balooga.com> wrote:
> > :NOEXPORT: removes a heading from export and the TOC. Is there a
> > tag that will
> > only exclude a heading from appearing in the TOC?
> >

> For LaTeX export the following header option should take care of this:

> H:4 says export up to level 4 headlines num:3 says only number up to
> level 3 headlines
>
> I am not sure whether this works for the other export backends.

Unfortunately the headings I want to hide are at different depths.
Some are at level 3, some at level 4 etc.

-Luke