* Org minor mode in mail-mode
@ 2011-03-09 13:56 René
From: René @ 2011-03-09 13:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Here is the the configuration I run

   (defun turn-on-full-org-mailing ()
     (turn-on-orgstruct++)
     (turn-on-orgtbl)
     (load "org-html-mail"))

   (add-hook 'mail-mode-hook 'turn-on-full-org-mailing)

in order make use of Org minor mode (struct, tbl) within mail-mode.

Unfortunately with this, calling M-q (fill-paragraph) right after the
header separator ("--text follows this line--") leads to filling the
header along with the first paragraph of my mail.

It turns out that the org minor mode rebinds M-q to
`orgstruct-hijacker-command-22' :

,----
| M-q runs the command orgstruct-hijacker-command-22, which is an
| interactive Lisp function.
|
| It is bound to M-q.
|
| (orgstruct-hijacker-command-22 arg)
|
| In Structure, run `fill-paragraph'.
| Outside of structure, run the binding of `\361'.
`----

Any idea on how to make use of org minor mode in mail-mode and still
be able to fill-paragraph without impacting mail headers?

--
René