* Use-cases for babel
@ 2011-04-01  1:55 Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa @ 2011-04-01  1:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Org Mode

Hi list,

I'm a long-time org user, and when I followed the development and
release of org-babel with great interest. However, I never really used
it, mainly because I never really found a use-case for me.

I noticed that there were a lot of messages regarding babel and
publishing, but I've read a post other day that opened my eyes:
org-babel can be actually used to create self-contained org-"systems",
in other words, org files with elisp scripts that extend and add to
org, and output stuff on the fly.

I never tried org-babel, but this really excited me, I might play
around with the idea more when I have the time.

We could also use this thread for additional ideas on how org-babel
could be used.

Cheers,

Marcelo.

* Re: Use-cases for babel
@ 2011-04-02 18:56 ` Michael Gauland
From: Michael Gauland @ 2011-04-02 18:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <celoserpa <at> gmail.com> writes:

> We could also use this thread for additional ideas on how org-babel
> could be used.

I generally use org-babel with PlantUML, dot, or ditaa to generate diagrams as
part of my exported document. I find this especially useful for programming
notes, as it keeps everything in one file, but I also use it for more formal
design documents and presentations.

--Mike Gauland

* Re: Re: Use-cases for babel
@ 2011-04-02 19:53   ` Eric Schulte