* [Babel] Output of multiple variables from octave source
@ 2010-12-30 20:31 RCY
From: RCY @ 2010-12-30 20:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

 I would like to output multiple variables from an octave program. When I
evaluate:

      #+srcname: test.m
      #+begin_src octave
      clear variables
      x=5.1;
      y=3*x;
      sprintf('x=%.1f',x)
      sprintf('y=%.1f',y)
      #+end_src

I get
      #+results: test.m
      : y=15.3

Is there a way to get multiple variables output, other than something like:
#+srcname: test.m
      #+begin_src octave
      clear variables
      x=5.1;
      y=3*x;
      sprintf('x=%.1f,\n y=%.1f',x,y)
      #+end_src

      #+results: test.m
      : x=5.1, y=15.3

which starts to get unwieldy for a larger number of variables.

I am using the org-mode from git in Emacs 23.1.

Thanks for any help.
RC

* Re: [Babel] Output of multiple variables from octave source
@ 2010-12-30 21:02 ` RC
From: RC @ 2010-12-30 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,
 I found the following workaround for what I was trying to do:

     #+srcname: test.m
     #+begin_src octave
     clear variables
     x=5.2;
     y=3*x;
     [sprintf('x=%.1f\n',x),...
     sprintf('y=%.1f',y)]
     #+end_src

     #+results: test.m
     | x=5.2  |
     | y=15.6 |

@ 2011-01-06  0:54 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2011-01-06  0:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: RCY; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I haven't used octave myself so I can't be certain, but using the
=:results output= header should result in the behavior you are
describing.  e.g.

  #+srcname: test.m
  #+begin_src octave :results output
  clear variables