* [BUG] org-capture : latest git pull, template selection broken ?
@ 2010-07-06 22:10 Julien Fantin
From: Julien Fantin @ 2010-07-06 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

With the org-capture-templates described in the doc, right after the
template selection, the buffer disappears, and the empty template gets
written to the target file.
The following messages are output :
Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree

Has the template selection changed, or is this a bug ?

Cheers

* Re: [BUG] org-capture : latest git pull, template selection broken ?
@ 2010-07-07  6:28 ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-07-07  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Julien Fantin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Julien Fantin wrote:
>With the org-capture-templates described in the doc, right after the
>template selection, the buffer disappears, and the empty template gets
>written to the target file.
>The following messages are output :
>Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree

>Has the template selection changed, or is this a bug ?

Could you provide the template you are using?  I've just pulled and
all of my templates work perfectly.

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-05-16 on raven, modified by Debian

HTH,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: [BUG] org-capture : latest git pull, template selection broken ?
@ 2010-08-28  0:09 ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2010-08-28  0:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Julien Fantin <julien.fantin <at> gmail.com> writes:

> With the org-capture-templates described in the doc, right after the
> template selection, the buffer disappears, and the empty template
> gets written to the target file. The following messages are output :
>

> Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree

I'm seeing this message too, when I invoke org-capture.  What does it mean?

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: org-capture : latest git pull, template selection broken ?
@ 2010-08-28  9:54   ` Noorul Islam K M
From: Noorul Islam K M @ 2010-08-28  9:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> Julien Fantin <julien.fantin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>> With the org-capture-templates described in the doc, right after the
>> template selection, the buffer disappears, and the empty template
>> gets written to the target file. The following messages are output :
>>

>> Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree
>
> I'm seeing this message too, when I invoke org-capture.  What does it mean?

Please let us know which template did you use?

Are you talking about converting templates from remember to org-capture?

If so let us know the remember template that you used to convert.

Thanks and Regards
Noorul

* Re: org-capture : latest git pull, template selection broken ?
@ 2010-08-29 18:18     ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2010-08-29 18:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Noorul Islam K M; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 5:54 AM, Noorul Islam K M <noorul@noorul.com> wrote:
> Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:
>
>> Julien Fantin <julien.fantin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>

>>> With the org-capture-templates described in the doc, right after the
>>> template selection, the buffer disappears, and the empty template
>>> gets written to the target file. The following messages are output :
>>>

>>> Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree
>>
>> I'm seeing this message too, when I invoke org-capture.  What does it mean?
>
> Please let us know which template did you use?

my org-capture-template is:

(("t" "Task" entry
  (file+headline "~/Dropbox/todo.txt" "Inbox")
  "* TODO %?\n  SCHEDULED: %t\n  :PROPERTIES:\n  :ID:
%(shell-command-to-string \"uuidgen\")  :END:\n  %U" :prepend t))

> Are you talking about converting templates from remember to org-capture?

Nope.

Thanks for your time,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: Re: [BUG] org-capture : latest git pull, template selection broken ?
@ 2010-08-29 19:01   ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-08-29 19:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dave Abrahams wrote:
>Julien Fantin <julien.fantin <at> gmail.com> writes:

>> With the org-capture-templates described in the doc, right after the
>> template selection, the buffer disappears, and the empty template
>> gets written to the target file. The following messages are output :
>>

>> Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree

>I'm seeing this message too, when I invoke org-capture.  What does it mean?

This message appears because `org-capture' uses `org-paste-subtree' to
insert the template in the indirect buffer which issues this message.

Best,
  -- David
--

@ 2010-08-29 19:05     ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2010-08-29 19:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM, David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> wrote:
> Dave Abrahams wrote:
>>Julien Fantin <julien.fantin <at> gmail.com> writes:
>

>>> With the org-capture-templates described in the doc, right after the
>>> template selection, the buffer disappears, and the empty template
>>> gets written to the target file. The following messages are output :
>>>

>>> Clipboard pasted as level 2 subtree
>
>>I'm seeing this message too, when I invoke org-capture.  What does it mean?
>
> This message appears because `org-capture' uses `org-paste-subtree' to
> insert the template in the indirect buffer which issues this message.

Okay... but what does it mean for *me*?  Does it indicate a real
problem?  Should I ignore it?

Thanks

--

@ 2010-08-29 19:13       ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2010-08-29 19:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: David Maus, emacs-orgmode

Dave Abrahams wrote:
>On Sun, Aug 29, 2010 at 3:01 PM, David Maus <dmaus@ictsoc.de> wrote:
>> Dave Abrahams wrote:

>>>I'm seeing this message too, when I invoke org-capture.  What does it mean?
>>
>> This message appears because `org-capture' uses `org-paste-subtree' to
>> insert the template in the indirect buffer which issues this message.

>Okay... but what does it mean for *me*?  Does it indicate a real
>problem?  Should I ignore it?

Ah, sorry.  Yes, just ignore it.

Best,
  -- David