* Tables - Multiple Row and Column span
@ 2010-02-23  5:41 srinivas
From: srinivas @ 2010-02-23  5:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I realize that orgmode tables do not allow multiple row and column spanning in
HTML (export). I also read that orgmode allows one to use table.el for
specifying tables and table.el allows multiple row and column span.

I haven't figured out how to combine orgmode content with table.el for tables.

Is it possible to do the following?

* Org mode table

| Header 1 | Header 2 |
|----------+----------|
| R1 C1    | R1 C2    |
| R2 C1    | R2 C2    |
| R3 C1    | R3 C2    |

* table.el table

Following table has 1 multi column cell and 1 multi row cell.

| Header 1 | Header 2 |
|----------+----------|
| R1 C1-2             |
| R2 C1    | R2-3 C2  |
| R3 C1    |          |

Can anyone please post a working example?

Thanks.

* orgtbl and table.el
@ 2010-02-26  4:58 ` srinivas
From: srinivas @ 2010-02-26  4:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

For the table.el table, I mean to include the following. The export of such a
table is garbled.  Is this the desired result?

* sample table

|       | file   |
|       |  file  |
|  test |  test  |