* switching to emacs via keboard shortcut
@ 2010-02-02 15:52 Brody, William (Buck)
From: Brody, William (Buck) @ 2010-02-02 15:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I run org-mode on GMU Emacs for Windows.  During my workflow I am frequently alt-tab 'ing to get back to Emacs.  Does anyone have a way to use a keyboard shortcut (maybe via an autohotkey script) to get back to emacs.

Thanks

* Re: switching to emacs via keboard shortcut
@ 2010-02-02 17:37 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2010-02-02 17:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Brody, William (Buck); +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Am 02.02.2010 16:52, schrieb Brody, William (Buck):
> I run org-mode on GMU Emacs for Windows.  During my workflow I am
> frequently alt-tab ‘ing to get back to Emacs. Does anyone have a way to
> use a keyboard shortcut (maybe via an autohotkey script) to get back to
> emacs.
>
> Thanks

In an AutoHotkey script I have

; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; raise Emacs with "Ctrl-Meta-Shift-e"
^!+e::
if WinExist("ahk_class Emacs")
{
   IfWinActive
   {
     WinMinimize
   }
   else
   {
     WinActivate
   }
}
else
{
         Run %SystemDrive%\Programme\Emacs\emacs\bin\emacsclient.exe
}
return
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; raise Emacs with "Windows + Shift + e"
#+e::
if WinExist("ahk_class Emacs")
{
   IfWinActive
   {
     WinMinimize
   }
   else
   {
     WinActivate
   }
}
else
{
         Run %SystemDrive%\Programme\Emacs\emacs\bin\emacsclient.exe
}
return
I also have

; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#t:: ; raise Thunderbird with "Windows + Shift + t"
IfWinExist, Thunderbird
{
   IfWinActive
   {
     WinMinimize
   }
   else
   {
     WinActivate
   }
}
return
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#f:: ; Firefox vorholen
IfWinExist, Mozilla Firefox
{
   IfWinActive
   {
     WinMinimize
   }
   else
   {
     WinActivate
   }
}
return
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#p:: raise a specific Putty
; if WinExist("fritz.diplan.de - PuTTY")
if WinExist("debian2.diplan.de - PuTTY")
{
   WinActivate
}
return
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; jump to clocked-in org todo
^!+F12::
; IfWinExist, Emacs
if WinExist("ahk_class Emacs")
{       WinActivate
         ; Send ^s
         Send ^!{F12}
}
else
{
         Run Notepad
}
return
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
; Org Remember
^!+r::
; IfWinExist, Emacs
if WinExist("ahk_class Emacs")
{       WinActivate
         ; Send ^s
         Send ^!r
}
else
{
         Run Notepad
}
return
; -------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All this and a lot more scripts and helpers makes Windows really usable ...

Rainer

* Re: switching to emacs via keboard shortcut
@ 2010-02-02 17:54 ` Tom
From: Tom @ 2010-02-02 17:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Brody, William (Buck <BrodyW11 <at> darden.virginia.edu> writes:

> I run org-mode on GMU Emacs for Windows.  During my workflow
> I am frequently alt-tab ‘ing to get back to Emacs.  Does anyone have a
> way to use a keyboard shortcut (maybe via an autohotkey script) to get back to
> emacs.

I use this:

CapsLock::
  SetCapsLockState, off
  winactivate ahk_class Emacs
  sendinput {f12}
  return

Pressing capslock (which is a useless key, imo) puts me into Agenda from
anywhere. Note that I bound F12 in Emacs to get to the Agenda and the above
script relies on that.

* RE: switching to emacs via keboard shortcut
@ 2010-02-02 19:15   ` Brody, William (Buck)
From: Brody, William (Buck) @ 2010-02-02 19:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Thanks.  These are great and work like a charm.