* Link not followed in first line of file
@ 2009-09-26  5:35 PT
From: PT @ 2009-09-26  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

If there is a link at the very beginning of the org file and cursor is on
the very first character of the link (and, consequently, of the file) then
Enter doesn't follow the link, it inserts a literal newline instead.

Bug or feature? :)

* Re: Link not followed in first line of file
@ 2009-09-26  6:25 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-26  6:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PT; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 26, 2009, at 6:35 AM, PT wrote:

> If there is a link at the very beginning of the org file and cursor
> is on
> the very first character of the link (and, consequently, of the
> file) then
> Enter doesn't follow the link, it inserts a literal newline instead.

That is a feature.  How else would you insert an empty line before the
link.

- Carsten

@ 2009-09-26  6:32   ` PT
From: PT @ 2009-09-26  6:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> That is a feature.  How else would you insert an empty line before the
> link.

C-q C-j, of course.

It may not be too newbie friendly, I admit. :)

* Re: Re: Link not followed in first line of file
@ 2009-09-26  6:38     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-09-26  6:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: PT; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Sep 26, 2009, at 7:32 AM, PT wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:
>>
>> That is a feature.  How else would you insert an empty line before
>> the
>> link.
>>

> C-q C-j, of course.

Or C-o or ...  Yes.

> It may not be too newbie friendly, I admit. :)

That is what I think.