From: RC <recif@yahoo.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Latex export to documentclass beamer
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 15:45:08 +0000 (UTC)	[thread overview]

Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Aug 9, 2009, at 3:05 PM, RC wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> > Following an earlier suggestion on the list:
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/15010/focus=15077
> >
> > I added the following to my .emacs file:
> >
> > (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-classes

> For this line to be working, the variable must have been defined.
> Either precede the code with
>   (require 'org-latex)
> or wrap it into
> (eval-after-load "org-latex" '(add-to-list....))
> - Carsten

Thanks! That worked.

I had a a couple more questions about using latex-export.

1.
* Slide 5
\uncover<2->
{appear from slide 2 on\\ }
\uncover<3-4>
{appears from 3 to slide 4\\ }
\uncover<4>{appears on slide 4\\ }
\uncover<3->{appears from slide 3 on\\ }

gets output as:

\begin{frame}\frametitle{Slide 5}
\label{sec-5}
\uncover<2->
\{appear from slide 2 on\\ \}
\uncover<3-4>
\{appears from 3 to slide 4\\ \}
\uncover<4>\{appears on slide 4\\ \}
\uncover<3->\{appears from slide 3 on\\ \}
\end{frame}

Is there a way to avoid { and } being output as \{ and \} , respectively.

2. Is there a way to add an attribute to latex lists (itemize, enumerate,
description} so that:

* Slide 1
 - x
 - y
 - z

gets output as:
\begin{itemize}[<+->]
\item x
\item y
\item z
\end{itemize}

Thanks again for the help, and the invaluable org-mode.

RC