* org-mode to LaTeX export
@ 2007-07-19  1:31 Charles Cave
From: Charles Cave @ 2007-07-19  1:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

There have been a few discussions on a facility for org-mode to export a buffer
into LaTeX. I was wondering what is the planned scope of this work?

I would like to be able to write an article in org-mode then create a LaTeX document
using the following transformations which should be configurable:

Headings
*
**
***
and so on should be converted to the appropriate {chapter} {section} tags

*bold* /italic/ markup should be tagged

Lists, numbered and unnumbered be converted into the appropriate LaTeX
structures.

I wrote a Perl script to do most of this work but I don't know enough Lisp to
write a similar program.

Who is doing the work on LaTeX export?
What features will you support?
How configurable will it be?

Many thanks
Charles

P.S. I am working on an update to my org-mode and GTD article.

Charles Cave
Sydney, NSW, Australia
Email:  charles_cave@optusnet.com.au

* Re: org-mode to LaTeX export
@ 2007-07-19  5:29 ` Xavier Maillard
From: Xavier Maillard @ 2007-07-19  5:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Charles Cave <charles_cave <at> optusnet.com.au> writes:

> There have been a few discussions on a facility for org-mode to export a buffer
> into LaTeX. I was wondering what is the planned scope of this work?

Bastien has written an org-mode to latex export module which works perfectly
well.  I have tested it on several occasions and you can expect Bastien will
release soon.

Xavier

* Re: Re: org-mode to LaTeX export
@ 2007-07-19 15:45   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2007-07-19 15:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Xavier Maillard

Xavier Maillard <maillaxa@gmail.com> writes:

>> There have been a few discussions on a facility for org-mode to
>> export a buffer into LaTeX. I was wondering what is the planned scope
>> of this work?
>
> Bastien has written an org-mode to latex export module which works
> perfectly well. I have tested it on several occasions and you can
> expect Bastien will release soon.

It's on my (new) org-mode webpage now:

  http://www.cognition.ens.fr/~guerry/bastien-org-mode.html

Not intensely tested on my side. Carsten already sent me some feedback,
and there are issues with the math export. Please feel free to send any
comment/bug - especially 'cause i'm off for three days :)

Best regards,

--
Bastien