* Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-09-30  9:26 Water Lin
                   ` (3 more replies)
From: Water Lin @ 2009-09-30  9:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.

Is there any special function for me to use org as blog system?

I need a reference to start......

Thanks

--
Water Lin's blog: http://blog.waterlin.org
Email: WaterLin@ymail.com

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-09-30 13:35 ` Eric Schulte
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-09-30 13:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Water Lin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.com> writes:

> I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
> computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.

For "static html" using the built in publishing features of Org-mode is
probably sufficient (see [1]).  If you want to get more sophisticated
(and complicated) you could also take a look at blorg [2] or blorgit
[3].

Footnotes:
[1]  http://orgmode.org/manual/Publishing.html#Publishing

[2]  http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/Blorg

[3]  http://orgmode.org/worg/blorgit.php

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-09-30 14:09 ` Manoj Srivastava
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2009-09-30 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Sep 30 2009, Water Lin wrote:

> I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
> computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.
>
> Is there any special function for me to use org as blog system?
>
> I need a reference to start......

        With the following Ikiwiki plugin, I have been using org as my
 Ikiwiki input mechanism (so I write all my blog posts as org-mode
 files, and Ikiwiki transforms tehm into html and rss.

        manoj

#!/usr/bin/perl
# File: org.pm
# Time-stamp: <2009-02-06 12:10:28 srivasta>
#
# Copyright (C) 2008 by Manoj Srivastava
#
# Author: Manoj Srivastava
#
# This allows people to write Ikiwiki content using Emacs and org-mode
# (requires Emacs 23), and uses the html export facility of org-mode to
# create the output. Some bits based on otl.pm.

package IkiWiki::Plugin::org;
use warnings;
use strict;
use Carp;
use IkiWiki 3.00;

use File::Temp qw/ tempfile tempdir /;

# ------------------------------------------------------------

sub import {
  hook(type => "getsetup", id => "org", call => \&getsetup);
  hook(type => "htmlize",  id => "org", call => \&htmlize);
} #

sub getsetup () {
  return
    plugin => {
               safe => 0,
               rebuild => undef,
               advanced => 1,
              },
    emacs_binary => {
                     type => "string",
                     example => "/usr/bin/emacs-snapshot",
                     description => "location of an emacs binary with org-mode",
                     advanced => 1,
                     safe => 0,
                     rebuild => undef,
                    },
}

sub htmlize (@) {
  my %params  = @_;
  my $dir     = File::Temp->newdir();

  my $ret = open(INPUT, ">$dir/contents.org");
  unless (defined $ret) {
    debug("failed to open $dir/contents.org: $@");
    return $params{content};
  }
  my $emacs = '/usr/bin/emacs-snapshot';
  if (exists $config{emacs_binary} && -x $config{emacs_binary}) {
    $emacs = $config{emacs_binary};
  }
  print INPUT $params{content};
  close INPUT;
  $ret = open(INPUT, ">/tmp/contents.org");
  print INPUT $params{content};
  close INPUT;
  my $args = "$emacs --batch -l org " .
              "--eval '(setq org-export-headline-levels 3 org-export-with-toc nil org-export-author-info nil )' " .
              "--visit=$dir/contents.org " .
              '--funcall org-export-as-html-batch >/dev/null 2>&1';
  if (system($args)) {
    debug("failed to convert $params{page}: $@");
    return $params{content};
  }
  $ret = open(OUTPUT, "$dir/contents.html");
  unless (defined $ret) {
    debug("failed find html output for $params{page}: $@");
    return $params{content};
  }
  local $/ = undef;
  $ret = <OUTPUT>;
  close OUTPUT;
  $ret=~s/(.*<h1 class="title">){1}?//s;
  $ret=~s/^(.*<\/h1>){1}?//s;
  $ret=~s/<div id="postamble">.*//s;
  $ret=~s/(<\/div>\s*$)//s;
  open(OUTPUT, ">/tmp/contents.html");
  print OUTPUT $ret;
  close OUTPUT;

  return $ret;
}

# ------------------------------------------------------------
1; # modules have to return a true value

"UNIX is basically a simple operating system, but you have to be a
genius to understand the simplicity." -Dennis Ritchie

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-09-30 15:19 ` Bob Erb
From: Bob Erb @ 2009-09-30 15:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi, Water.

Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.com> writes:
> I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
> computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.
>
> Is there any special function for me to use org as blog system?

Take a look at worg; it'll do ya:

     http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-about.php

- Bob

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-09-30 17:46   ` Matt Lundin
From: Matt Lundin @ 2009-09-30 17:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bob Erb; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Bob Erb <rerb@progress.com> writes:

> Hi, Water.
>
> Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.com> writes:
>> I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
>> computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.
>>
>> Is there any special function for me to use org as blog system?
>
> Take a look at worg; it'll do ya:
>
>      http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-about.php

I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you please clarify how Worg would
help one set up local, static html blog?

Perhaps you mean org-publish? Worg is just a website generated from a
set of org files edited by org users.

- Matt

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-09-30 18:26     ` Bob Erb
From: Bob Erb @ 2009-09-30 18:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Matt Lundin <mdl@imapmail.org> writes:
> Bob Erb <rerb@progress.com> writes:
>
>> Hi, Water.
>>
>> Water Lin <WaterLin@ymail.com> writes:
>>> I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
>>> computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.
>>>
>>> Is there any special function for me to use org as blog system?
>>
>> Take a look at worg; it'll do ya:
>>
>>      http://orgmode.org/worg/worg-about.php
>
> I'm not sure what you mean here. Could you please clarify how Worg would
> help one set up local, static html blog?
>
> Perhaps you mean org-publish? Worg is just a website generated from a
> set of org files edited by org users.

Yes, that's what I was hinting at.  Referred to worg as an example of
static HTML generated from org files.  Which uses org-publish.

- Bob

This email communication and any attachments may contain
proprietary, confidential, or privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that
you have received this email in error and that any review,
disclosure, dissemination, distribution or copying of it or its
contents is prohibited. The sender does not waive
confidentiality or any privilege by erroneous transmission. If
you have received this email in error, please notify the sender
immediately, delete this email, and destroy all copies and any
attachments. Thank you.

* Re: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-10-01  1:17   ` Nagarjuna G.
From: Nagarjuna G. @ 2009-10-01  1:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

org offers multiple ways of solving problems.  worg, blorg, and
Manoj's perl script, and I am sure there will be others.  I am  now
thinking on the following idea:

Using the new features (babel) added in the fresh release of org, it
is indeed possible to provide a minor mode in gnowsys-mode (see the
other thread posted on 30th October) to publish the notes with
relations and attributes (tagging, categorizing) etc.  in Plone
(gnowsys currently uses Zope/Plone for webservices).

It is high time that we should work on a emacs-engine (as a
webservice) that performs elisp functions so that several of the org
functions can be used independently.  This will proliferate org's use
beyond imagination.

Doesn't such an emacs-engine already exist?  Couldn't we use emacs in
batchmode to achieve this?  Any guidance is welcome.

Nagarjuna

* Re: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-10-01  1:43     ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-10-01  1:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nagarjuna G.; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

"Nagarjuna G." <nagarjun@gnowledge.org> writes:

> org offers multiple ways of solving problems.  worg, blorg, and
> Manoj's perl script, and I am sure there will be others.  I am  now
> thinking on the following idea:
>
> Using the new features (babel) added in the fresh release of org, it
> is indeed possible to provide a minor mode in gnowsys-mode (see the
> other thread posted on 30th October) to publish the notes with
> relations and attributes (tagging, categorizing) etc.  in Plone
> (gnowsys currently uses Zope/Plone for webservices).
>
> It is high time that we should work on a emacs-engine (as a
> webservice) that performs elisp functions so that several of the org
> functions can be used independently.  This will proliferate org's use
> beyond imagination.

I started down this path some months ago and generated the following as
a sort of tentative exploration

http://github.com/eschulte/simple-server

which makes use of

http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEchoServer

and httpd.el at http://emarsden.chez.com/downloads/

It is certainly possible to go further...

> Doesn't such an emacs-engine already exist?  Couldn't we use emacs in
> batchmode to achieve this?  Any guidance is welcome.

it is currently possible to hand single elisp statements to Emacs in
batch mode, however startup time (starting Emacs, loading all elisp
files, and implementing any .emacs customization) is an issue.  To the
best of my knowledge there is nothing like an elisp REPL currently
implemented, although it would be possible and there has been scattered
discussion on this topic

Best -- Eric

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-10-02  4:35 ` Miguel Fernando Cabrera
From: Miguel Fernando Cabrera @ 2009-10-02  4:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

You might be interested in Jekkyl, a Ruby program that is a  blog-aware,
static  web sites generator. It basically generates HTML out of tex,haml,
textile files.

check it out: http://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/
Example sites: http://wiki.github.com/mojombo/jekyll/sites

So what does it have to do with Org? well, some guy developed a nice way of
using the power of Jekky with Org. It uses org as a backed to generate the
html, he prepoceses it and then generates the site using Jekyll.

You might want to check it out:

http://github.com/Chrononaut/happyblogger

I am not using it myself right now,  but I plan to.  One of the good things
is that you can use the color-theme when exporting to html and put the code
sampel just like you see it in your Emacs.

I hope it helps.

--
Miguel Fernando Cabrera Granados
http://mfcabrera.com

* Re: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-10-02  5:16       ` Nagarjuna G.
From: Nagarjuna G. @ 2009-10-02  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eric Schulte; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 7:13 AM, Eric Schulte <schulte.eric@gmail.com> wrote:
> I started down this path some months ago and generated the following as
> a sort of tentative exploration
>
> http://github.com/eschulte/simple-server
>
> which makes use of
>
> http://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/EmacsEchoServer
>
> and httpd.el at http://emarsden.chez.com/downloads/
>
> It is certainly possible to go further...

Thanks Eric.  We will try to use them and get back to you.

> it is currently possible to hand single elisp statements to Emacs in
> batch mode, however startup time (starting Emacs, loading all elisp
> files, and implementing any .emacs customization) is an issue.  To the
> best of my knowledge there is nothing like an elisp REPL currently
> implemented, although it would be possible and there has been scattered
> discussion on this topic

yes, using batchmode will have high latency.  I will give a serious
attempt to further this line of work.  It is useful for us.

--
Nagarjuna G.
http://www.gnowledge.org/

* Re: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-10 15:05   ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-11-10 15:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Manoj Srivastava wrote:
> [...]
>     debug("failed to convert $params{page}: $@");
>     return $params{content};
>   }
>   $ret = open(OUTPUT, "$dir/contents.html");
>   unless (defined $ret) {
>     debug("failed find html output for $params{page}: $@");
>     return $params{content};
>   }
>   local $/ = undef;
>   $ret = <OUTPUT>;
>   close OUTPUT;
>   $ret=~s/(.*<h1 class="title">){1}?//s;
>   $ret=~s/^(.*<\/h1>){1}?//s;
>   $ret=~s/<div id="postamble">.*//s;
>   $ret=~s/(<\/div>\s*$)//s;
>   open(OUTPUT, ">/tmp/contents.html");
>   print OUTPUT $ret;
>   close OUTPUT;
>
>   return $ret;
> }
>
> # ------------------------------------------------------------
> 1; # modules have to return a true value

Thanks for this great plugin. I had a couple of problems with UTF8
encodings not working. I have patched the plugin to fix this (code
below). Warning I am not a Perl programmer, don't blame me if the patch
eats your blog:)

Ian.

#!/usr/bin/perl
# File: org.pm
# Time-stamp: <2009-02-06 12:10:28 srivasta>
#
# Copyright (C) 2008 by Manoj Srivastava
#
# Author: Manoj Srivastava
#
# This allows people to write Ikiwiki content using Emacs and org-mode
# (requires Emacs 23), and uses the html export facility of org-mode to
# create the output. Some bits based on otl.pm.

# 2009-11-10 Patch by Ian Barton to fix some Unicode problems.

[...]

   binmode (INPUT, ":utf8");

   unless (defined $ret) {
     debug("failed to open $dir/contents.org: $@");
     return $params{content};
   }
   my $emacs = '/usr/bin/emacs-snapshot';
   if (exists $config{emacs_binary} && -x $config{emacs_binary}) {
     $emacs = $config{emacs_binary};
   }
   print INPUT $params{content};
   close INPUT;
   my $args = "$emacs --batch -l org " .
               "--eval '(setq org-export-headline-levels 3
org-export-with-toc nil org-export-author-info nil )' " .
               "--visit=$dir/contents.org " .
               '--funcall org-export-as-html-batch >/dev/null 2>&1';
   if (system($args)) {
     debug("failed to convert $params{page}: $@");
     return $params{content};
   }
   $ret = open(OUTPUT, "$dir/contents.html");
   binmode (OUTPUT, ":utf8");

@ 2009-11-11  0:05   ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-11-11  0:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Miguel Fernando Cabrera; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/10/2 Miguel Fernando Cabrera <mfcabrera@gmail.com>:
> Hi,
>
> You might be interested in Jekkyl, a Ruby program that is a  blog-aware,
> static  web sites generator. It basically generates HTML out of tex,haml,
> textile files.
>
> check it out: http://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/
> Example sites: http://wiki.github.com/mojombo/jekyll/sites
>
> So what does it have to do with Org? well, some guy developed a nice way of
> using the power of Jekky with Org. It uses org as a backed to generate the
> html, he prepoceses it and then generates the site using Jekyll.
>
> You might want to check it out:
>
> http://github.com/Chrononaut/happyblogger

This looks like it could be really good, but I can't access the
happyblogger repository nor any of Chrononaut's other git repo's on
github.  Has the account been deleted or is github just down again?

I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
robust than blorg, so I'm hoping this is available somewhere.

R.

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11  1:07     ` Ben Finney
From: Ben Finney @ 2009-11-11  1:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:

> I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
> robust than blorg […]

Writing an online journal from Org mode is on my list of things to do,
but I haven't got around to investigating ‘blorg’. What about it is
insufficiently robust?

--
 \         “Simplicity and elegance are unpopular because they require |
  `\           hard work and discipline to achieve and education to be |

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11  7:20     ` Manoj Srivastava
From: Manoj Srivastava @ 2009-11-11  7:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, Nov 10 2009, Ian Barton wrote:

> Manoj Srivastava wrote:
>> On Wed, Sep 30 2009, Water Lin wrote:
>>
>>> I want to mantain a local static html blog system on my local
>>> computer. I think org is good enough to organise the stuff.
>>>
>>> Is there any special function for me to use org as blog system?
>>>
>>> I need a reference to start......
>>
>>         With the following Ikiwiki plugin, I have been using org as my
>>  Ikiwiki input mechanism (so I write all my blog posts as org-mode
>>  files, and Ikiwiki transforms tehm into html and rss.
>>
>>         manoj

> Thanks for this great plugin. I had a couple of problems with UTF8
> encodings not working. I have patched the plugin to fix this (code
> below). Warning I am not a Perl programmer, don't blame me if the
> patch eats your blog:)

        Thanks for the patch. I have applied it, with one minor tweak: I
 used
  binmode (OUTPUT, ":encoding(utf8)");
 for the output streams, so that the perl strings are actually checked
 for correct encoding.

        I'll send the (rebased) branch upstream, and see if it sticks
 this time (since emacs 23 has entered Debian)

        manoj
--
Majorities, of course, start with minorities. Robert Moses

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11  9:49     ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-11-11  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan wrote:
> 2009/10/2 Miguel Fernando Cabrera <mfcabrera@gmail.com>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> You might be interested in Jekkyl, a Ruby program that is a  blog-aware,
>> static  web sites generator. It basically generates HTML out of tex,haml,
>> textile files.
>>
>> check it out: http://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/
>> Example sites: http://wiki.github.com/mojombo/jekyll/sites
>>
>> So what does it have to do with Org? well, some guy developed a nice way of
>> using the power of Jekky with Org. It uses org as a backed to generate the
>> html, he prepoceses it and then generates the site using Jekyll.
>>
>> You might want to check it out:
>>
>> http://github.com/Chrononaut/happyblogger
>>

> This looks like it could be really good, but I can't access the
> happyblogger repository nor any of Chrononaut's other git repo's on
> github.  Has the account been deleted or is github just down again?
>
> I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
> robust than blorg, so I'm hoping this is available somewhere.
>
> R.

My stuff on github is OK, so he may have deleted his account.

Ian.

* Re: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11 14:07       ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-11-11 14:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ben Finney; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/11/11 Ben Finney <ben+emacs@benfinney.id.au>:
> Rick Moynihan <rick.moynihan@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
>> robust than blorg […]
>
> Writing an online journal from Org mode is on my list of things to do,
> but I haven't got around to investigating ‘blorg’. What about it is
> insufficiently robust?

The primary problems I have experienced are that it is has some rather
serious problems unresolved problems with html export, specifically
link generation.  Everything seems ok with org-mode links rendered
correctly as HTML, but then non-deterministically an export from what
as far as I can tell is the same state as before results in broken
links with them rendered in the html org-mode style, i.e.
[[foo][http://foobar.com/]].

It is also currently without a maintainer as Bastien believes it needs
a complete rewrite to use org-publish... IIRC.

I did spend a short while trying to debug the link generation issue,
but never got to the bottom of it, as I'm largely unfamiliar with
elisp.

R.

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11 14:10       ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-11-11 14:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lists; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/11/11 Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org>:
> Rick Moynihan wrote:
>>
>> 2009/10/2 Miguel Fernando Cabrera <mfcabrera@gmail.com>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> You might be interested in Jekkyl, a Ruby program that is a  blog-aware,
>>> static  web sites generator. It basically generates HTML out of tex,haml,
>>> textile files.
>>>
>>> check it out: http://github.com/mojombo/jekyll/
>>> Example sites: http://wiki.github.com/mojombo/jekyll/sites
>>>
>>> So what does it have to do with Org? well, some guy developed a nice way
>>> of
>>> using the power of Jekky with Org. It uses org as a backed to generate
>>> the
>>> html, he prepoceses it and then generates the site using Jekyll.
>>>
>>> You might want to check it out:
>>>
>>> http://github.com/Chrononaut/happyblogger
>>>

>> This looks like it could be really good, but I can't access the
>> happyblogger repository nor any of Chrononaut's other git repo's on
>> github.  Has the account been deleted or is github just down again?
>>
>> I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
>> robust than blorg, so I'm hoping this is available somewhere.
>>
>> R.
>>
> My stuff on github is OK, so he may have deleted his account.

Do you or does anyone else know if there is a clone of this repo anywhere?

R.

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11 14:18         ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-11-11 14:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan wrote:
> 2009/11/11 Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org>:
>> Rick Moynihan wrote:

>>> This looks like it could be really good, but I can't access the
>>> happyblogger repository nor any of Chrononaut's other git repo's on
>>> github.  Has the account been deleted or is github just down again?
>>>
>>> I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
>>> robust than blorg, so I'm hoping this is available somewhere.
>>>
>>> R.
>>>
>> My stuff on github is OK, so he may have deleted his account.
>
> Do you or does anyone else know if there is a clone of this repo anywhere?

Not exactly, but http://github.com/bmaland/chrononaut.github.com/ is a
clone of his website. At first glance this should be enough to get started.

Ian.

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11 14:27         ` Ian Barton
From: Ian Barton @ 2009-11-11 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Rick Moynihan wrote:
> 2009/11/11 Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org>:
>> Rick Moynihan wrote:

>>> This looks like it could be really good, but I can't access the
>>> happyblogger repository nor any of Chrononaut's other git repo's on
>>> github.  Has the account been deleted or is github just down again?
>>>
>>> I'm looking for an org-mode based static blogging solution that's more
>>> robust than blorg, so I'm hoping this is available somewhere.
>>>
>>> R.
>>>
>> My stuff on github is OK, so he may have deleted his account.
>
> Do you or does anyone else know if there is a clone of this repo anywhere?
>
> R.
Sorry, the last url I posted doesn't seem to contain anything useful:)
Try this one: http://github.com/bmaland/chrononaut.net/

Ian.

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11 15:04           ` Greg Newman
From: Greg Newman @ 2009-11-11 15:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: lists; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

The correct url is http://github.com/bmaland/happyblogger

@ 2009-11-11 15:51             ` Rick Moynihan
From: Rick Moynihan @ 2009-11-11 15:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Greg Newman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

2009/11/11 Greg Newman <greg@20seven.org>:
> The correct url is http://github.com/bmaland/happyblogger
>
> On Wed, Nov 11, 2009 at 9:27 AM, Ian Barton <lists@manor-farm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Rick Moynihan wrote:

>>> Do you or does anyone else know if there is a clone of this repo
>>> anywhere?
>>>
>>> R.
>>
>> Sorry, the last url I posted doesn't seem to contain anything useful:) Try
>> this one: http://github.com/bmaland/chrononaut.net/

Awesome!  I'll take a look at it when I get chance.

Thanks for tracking it down for me!

R.

* Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?
@ 2009-11-11 19:41               ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2009-11-11 19:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rick Moynihan; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Would someone be willing to generate a worg page to address using org as
blogging system?

This questions seems to be appear on list every month or two, and there
have been a wealth of interesting tools and solutions proposed.  It
would be great to have them collected with links and feedback (maybe
pointers to instance of their use) on a single worg page rather than
scattered through the mailing list archives.

I know, I know, I should just do this my-self rather than asking someone
else to do it for me, but I haven't been following the recent rounds of
these discussions and feel like I'm out of this particular loop...

Just a thought, Thanks -- Eric

* GNOWSYS emacs web services (was: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?)
@ 2010-05-20 22:18         ` Sandro Giessl
From: Sandro Giessl @ 2010-05-20 22:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi Nagarjuna,

I happily discovered that a student was assigned to this project [1] in
this year's GSoC:

  GNOWSYS emacs web services for The GNU Project

  Abstract:   Idea is to develop an emacs like editor with the org
  specific semantics for the purpose of note taking & authoring. Applying
  the rules of Org notations, it can also be extended to incorporate
  gnowsys-mode as it currently works in emacs. Export like features of
  Org-mode will be made possible in this editor by communicating through
  local emacs server. All the gnowsys-mode specific commands will pass on
  the request to the GNOWSYS server via local emacs daemon.

So this sounds like it's going to be generic enough to be useful for
orgmode as well.  I imagine smartphone+orgmode users will profit from
this, because the web browser would be a nice interface in addition to
using emacs' gui/terminal interface.

Enough of showing my appreciation, and good luck to Divya S (the
student who's in charge)!

Regards,
Sandro

1: http://socghop.appspot.com/gsoc/student_project/show/google/gsoc2010/gnuproject/t127230759527

* Re: GNOWSYS emacs web services (was: Re: Is there a good way to use org as blog system?)
@ 2010-05-21 17:45           ` Nagarjuna G
From: Nagarjuna G @ 2010-05-21 17:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Sandro Giessl; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Fri, May 21, 2010 at 3:48 AM, Sandro Giessl
<sandro.giessl@stud.ifi.lmu.de> wrote:
> Hi Nagarjuna,
>
> I happily discovered that a student was assigned to this project [1] in
> this year's GSoC:
>
>  GNOWSYS emacs web services for The GNU Project
>
>  Abstract:   Idea is to develop an emacs like editor with the org
>  specific semantics for the purpose of note taking & authoring. Applying
>  the rules of Org notations, it can also be extended to incorporate
>  gnowsys-mode as it currently works in emacs. Export like features of
>  Org-mode will be made possible in this editor by communicating through
>  local emacs server. All the gnowsys-mode specific commands will pass on
>  the request to the GNOWSYS server via local emacs daemon.
>
> So this sounds like it's going to be generic enough to be useful for
> orgmode as well.  I imagine smartphone+orgmode users will profit from
> this, because the web browser would be a nice interface in addition to
> using emacs' gui/terminal interface.

Thanks for your interest and appreciation!

Yes, indeed.  It is going to be generic and initially we would want
the orgmode macros to work. Since gnowsys-mode is developed on top of
orgmode, gnowsys specific macros would work as well.  We indent to use
it mainly for rendering org buffer into html.  Ultimate objective is
to save web documents on the server side in pure text, not even html.

We will update this list when we begin to get some results.  The
student just started her work recently.  If you or any others on this
list would like to contribute in terms of ideas, that will be great.

--
Nagarjuna