* org-babel, gnuplot and buffer-wide header arguments
@ 2013-06-12 10:21 Carlos Russo
From: Carlos Russo @ 2013-06-12 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

it seems that org-babel-gnuplot only recognizes a few header arguments.
I would like to set the following on top of the buffer:

#+PROPERTY: term pdfcairo enhanced mono size 8cm,6cm font "Helvetica"

in order to control the appearance of a bunch of figures generated by gnuplot
#+begin_src gnuplot :exports result :file file.pdf
 plot ...
#+end_src

Basically, I would like to avoid writing the :term property all the time:

#+begin_src gnuplot :exports result :file file.pdf :term pdfcairo
enhanced mono size 8cm,6cm font "Helvetica"
 plot ...
#+end_src

It seems that this requires a modification to ob-gnuplot.el.
Any hints on how to do this?

Thanks,
Carlos

* Re: org-babel, gnuplot and buffer-wide header arguments
@ 2013-06-13  5:45 ` Eric Schulte
From: Eric Schulte @ 2013-06-13  5:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carlos Russo; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carlos Russo <mestre.adamastor@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi
>
> it seems that org-babel-gnuplot only recognizes a few header arguments.
> I would like to set the following on top of the buffer:
>
> #+PROPERTY: term pdfcairo enhanced mono size 8cm,6cm font "Helvetica"
>
> in order to control the appearance of a bunch of figures generated by gnuplot
> #+begin_src gnuplot :exports result :file file.pdf
>  plot ...
> #+end_src
>
> Basically, I would like to avoid writing the :term property all the time:
>
> #+begin_src gnuplot :exports result :file file.pdf :term pdfcairo
> enhanced mono size 8cm,6cm font "Helvetica"
>  plot ...
> #+end_src
>
> It seems that this requires a modification to ob-gnuplot.el.
> Any hints on how to do this?

I've just pushed up a fix.  Take a look at commit 1720613 in the
repository to see what was required to make this change.  In this case
it was very simple.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte

* Re: org-babel, gnuplot and buffer-wide header arguments
@ 2013-06-13 14:39   ` Carlos Russo
From: Carlos Russo @ 2013-06-13 14:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

My life is suddenly much easier :-)