* Re: ODT preferred format option per-file?
@ 2012-09-02  8:57 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-09-02  8:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jambunathan K; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

    # Local Variables:
    # org-export-odt-preferred-output-format: "pdf"
    # End:

This is a great help, thanks. Will pull and try it tonight.

I suppose I must be using the old exporter, since the variable without -e- enabled PDF conversion. That's working fine for me, but I should probably look into the new exporter (assuming the old one will be removed sometime). Good to know how to do it in both cases.

Thanks again!
hjh

* ODT preferred format option per-file?
@ 2012-08-31  4:53 James Harkins
From: James Harkins @ 2012-08-31  4:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I have one particular org file that I would like to export to PDF by way of ODT. (I already set up outline styling in LibreOffice and I would like to use that, instead of trying to reconfigure a similar look in LaTeX. For fun, I did try the LaTeX pdf export and the output format is not what I need for this case.)

But I may want to export other org files to ODT *without* converting them to PDF.

http://orgmode.org/manual/Extending-ODT-export.html

This says I can customize the org-export-odt-preferred-output-format variable. This works beautifully, but it's a global setting that will apply to every ODT export.

So my question is -- is there any export option for the preferred format, per file? Something like:

#+ODT_PREFERRED_FORMAT: pdf

I couldn't find any documentation in the ODT export section of the manual for an option like this.

Alternately, I suppose I could write a lisp function that would set the variable and call the export, but that would definitely be a hack.

Thanks in advance,
hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world