* Converting Org to Sweave (*.Rnw)
@ 2012-07-17 12:19 Julian Gehring
From: Julian Gehring @ 2012-07-17 12:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

is there a way to convert Org-mode files with R code blocks to the
Sweave ('*.Rnw') [1] file format or has anyone planned to work on this?

Sweave is heavily used in the R community in terms of literate
programming, and has a tight integration into current package building
workflows.  Essentially, the file format is a latex document, with
designated code chunks.

Since Org/Org-babel offers a very similar feature set, and already
covers the export to latex, I was wondering whether anyone is working on
some code that would rewrite the code block headers in the export?  In
the R community, I have seen a lot of interest in such an exporter, that
would allow to write the documentation in Org itself and later export it
to several backends, including Sweave to integrate it in the R package.

If anyone has some comments regarding this or is interested in working
on this, please let me know.  My colleagues and I would be very
interested in contributing in projects in this direction.

Best
Julian

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sweave