From: Ilya Shlyakhter <ilya_shl@alum.mit.edu>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: suggestion for the manual: mention the "#+BEGIN_SRC org" trick when describing drawers and plainlists
Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 07:53:59 -0500	[thread overview]

On 3/8/2012 2:32 AM, Sebastien Vauban wrote:
>> In Org, entry text can't have substructure (other than drawers and plain
>> lists): you can't have an entry that
>> has some text, then a subtree, then more text.
>
> Take a look at "inline tasks". I think that's more what you're after...

Thanks -- looked at inline tasks and at
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#closing-outline-sections
but that's not quite what I want.
I really do want a "nested org" -- something like a drawer or a
plainlist, which is fully part of the entry and can be org-cycled
but has substructure.  Inline tasks do not nest.

Using #+BEGIN_SRC org / #+END_SRC does exactly what I want during
editing -- lets me enter a "side note" that can be easily folded away
(like a drawer), is completely within the entry (unlike solutions from
org-faq that add extra headlines), can have substructure (like plain
lists) but is a full-featured org without plainlists' limitations.

Two problems with this so far:
    - org-store-link does not work when editing this nested org block
under C-' .  Ideally, it would store a link that when followed would
open this source block for editing in its native org-mode (as with C-')
and then find the link within that.

    - when exporting to HTML, I want to run the HTML exporter on the
nested org buffer and insert its results -- rather than inserting a
boxed version of the Org source.  (This boxed version shows the hidden
asterisks in outlines, and its colors do not quite match the ones in the
Emacs buffer, among other things.)

thanks for help,

ilya