So, this is a different problem (I presume) which I'm exercising in the same document I'm trying to write. With latest git org-mode, and minimal3.org, I get minimal3.pdf: If there are successive inline calls to a function in the same line of text, then the last of them is rendered "correctly" (though successive calls in the same paragraph still evince the 'last two characters of call' bug. Earlier calls in the line are rendered 'verbatim', or how I'd expect the string to be rendered if I didn't know it was supposed to call a block. - Allen S. Rout