* Exported html structure
@ 2012-02-27 19:24 Vincent Beffara
From: Vincent Beffara @ 2012-02-27 19:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi,

I would like to use jQuery to make the html exported by Org (un)foldable
by clicking around, mimicking what tabbing does within emacs [except, I
would like it if folding-and-unfolding-again kept open subtree as they
were, which is a bit different from what org-mode does and is the root
of my worry ...]. The structure of the HTML exported by Org is not
optimal for that. Assume my org file looks like this,

* Header 1
Some contents
** Header 1.1
Contents 1.1
** Header 1.2
Contents 1.2

The HTML output looks like that (some details omitted):

   <h2>Header 1</h2>
     <h3>Header 1.1</h3>
     <h3>Header 1.2</h3>

There is a wrapper around each subtree, but within it things are a
little too linear for what I want to do: it would be very useful to have
a div containing the contents of each subtree, everything except the
title, in addition to what there already is (so that one could hide it,
unfold it on click to show the headers below, and so on). Something like
this maybe:

   <h2>Header 1</h2>
       <h3>Header 1.1</h3>
       <h3>Header 1.2</h3>

Is that doable ? If so, how can I do it ? Is that a good idea ?

I _can_ exploit jQuery with the current structure to hide/show all the
children of a div.outline-2 that are not an h2, and that is my backup
plan. I can also probably add the div I want by manipulating the DOM in
jQuery but it sounds very sub-optimal. So I wanted to ask here for
advice first ... What do you think ?

Thanks for your help !

	/vincent

only message in thread, other threads:[~2012-02-27 19:24 UTC | newest]