* [BUG] LaTeX Export hangs
@ 2009-01-08 12:30 Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2009-01-08 12:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

I have the latest git repo from a few minutes ago and I use the attached
test file. When I do C-c C-e l Emacs sits there saying "Exporting to
LaTeX...". I have to stop it with C-g. The debugger tells me the
following:

Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
  replace-match("\\\\texttt{}" t)
  org-export-latex-keywords()
  org-export-latex-content(#("\n" 0 1 (fontified nil)))
  org-export-latex-first-lines(nil)
  org-export-as-latex(nil)
  call-interactively(org-export-as-latex)
  org-export(nil)
  call-interactively(org-export nil nil)

If I first do a export as html (C-c C-e h) followed by a export to LaTeX
(C-c C-e l) it works like a charm.

[-- Attachment #2: Test org file --]
[-- Type: text/plain, Size: 132 bytes --]

* Title
** Subtitle
[[http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Configure_media_filters][media filters]]

* Re: [BUG] LaTeX Export hangs
@ 2009-01-08 13:26 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-08 13:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Christian Egli; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Fixed, thanks.

I think this must also have been Sergio's bug.....

- Carsten

On Jan 8, 2009, at 1:30 PM, Christian Egli wrote:

> Hi
>
> I have the latest git repo from a few minutes ago and I use the
> attached
> test file. When I do C-c C-e l Emacs sits there saying "Exporting to
> LaTeX...". I have to stop it with C-g. The debugger tells me the
> following:
>
> Debugger entered--Lisp error: (quit)
>  replace-match("\\\\texttt{}" t)
>  org-export-latex-keywords()
>  org-export-latex-content(#("\n" 0 1 (fontified nil)))
>  org-export-latex-first-lines(nil)
>  org-export-as-latex(nil)
>  call-interactively(org-export-as-latex)
>  org-export(nil)
>  call-interactively(org-export nil nil)
>
> If I first do a export as html (C-c C-e h) followed by a export to
> LaTeX
> (C-c C-e l) it works like a charm.

> * Title
> ** Subtitle
> [[http://wiki.dspace.org/index.php/Configure_media_filters][media
> filters]]

* Re: [BUG] LaTeX Export hangs
@ 2009-01-08 13:45   ` Christian Egli
From: Christian Egli @ 2009-01-08 13:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Fixed, thanks.
>
> I think this must also have been Sergio's bug.....

Man Carsten, you're a machine! Within minutes from reporting the issue I
can do a git pull and both issues are fixed. Thank you very much!

Thanks
Christian

* Re: Re: [BUG] LaTeX Export hangs
@ 2009-01-08 14:09     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-08 14:09 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Jan 8, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Christian Egli wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> Fixed, thanks.
>>
>> I think this must also have been Sergio's bug.....
>
> Man Carsten, you're a machine! Within minutes from reporting the
> issue I
> can do a git pull and both issues are fixed. Thank you very much!

Hi Christian,

bugs in Org-mode is something I can live with very badly.  So I have
the choice to be bugged with it a whole day, or just taking the 2
minutes
it need, in particular when you have done your homework and already
shown
approximately where things go wrong.

Of course it helps too that "git push" is all it
needs to get the stuff back to the world.

Basically:  David Allens 2 Minute rule, plus the wonders of GIT.

Happy new year!

- Carsten