* How to attach data in clipboard directly?
@ 2011-06-24 10:21 Carlos Russo
From: Carlos Russo @ 2011-06-24 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I often need to paste fragments of pictures/images to my org file.

Typically, I manually paste the fragment to a file, and then use C-c C-a m to attach that file to my org-file.
This is rather tedious, because there are a few steps and extra programs involved, and I guess there must be a better way to do this.

What I want is that emacs/orgmode understands the contents of the clipboard and creates that file for me.
For instance, if it detects that the contents of the clipboard is an image or some sort of non-text format, emacs would dump the  clipboard data to a file, auto-generate a filename, guessing the data type, and attach that file to my org-file via org-attach-attach.

I'm thinking of a org-attach-clipboard sort of command, accessible via the C-c C-a (org-attach) menu.

Perhaps I'm demanding too much from emacs and org-mode, but hey,  couldn't it be done? It would be a cool feature...
More important, _hasn't_ this been done already?

Regards,
Carlos