Rainer M Krug writes: > Therefore I export the document to pdf, and look for errors there. Now I > have to find the corresponding section in the org file - possible, but > tedious. Not quite what you have in mind and maybe only a half-measure but when I produce draft latex documents I like to turn on this package: \usepackage[color]{showkeys} It prints the symbol used for labels, references and citations in light gray in the PDF output. I can then search for these in the tex to find the corresponding region. To the extent they are set in your .org source you might do similar. A little screen cap is attached to show an example output. -Brett.