Hi Bastien, Bastien writes: > Brett Viren writes: > >> Can they have newlines? > > I don't think so -- did you try? Now, there is an idea! I had not tried, but yes, the are accepted and a "multiline" macro can be defined using '\n' characters like: #+MACRO: mimg #+HTML:
$3 $3
\n#+LATEX: \begin{figure}\label{$1}\includegraphics[width=\textwidth]{$2.pdf}\caption{$3}\end{figure} I can now call this macro with a single line like: {{{mimg(fig-overview,dataflow,Overview of the data flow.)}}} and both HTML and LaTeX/PDF export produces correct output. I give up the "fig:" style prefix for the label, but that is a small detail. So, I'm satisfied now. Thanks for the nudge! -Brett.