From: Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: org-googlecl : enhancements - replace existing blog entries.
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:27:41 +0200	[thread overview]

Tim Burt <tcburt@rochester.rr.com> writes:

> Richard Riley <rileyrg@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> The org-googlecl package has been extended a little.
>>
>> http://splash-of-open-sauce.blogspot.com/2010/09/now-org-googlecl-supports-deleting-of_14.html
>>
>> It now detects if you try to blog an entry with the same title as an
>> existing one and prompts you to view and/or remove one or more entries
>> with the same name. Obviously very useful for just updating an entry (NB
>> the url will change unfortunately). There is also a footer option and
>> default labels (tags) if none are specified on the org entry you are
>> blogging.
>
> Tags as labels for the blog is a welcome feature.

You can now specify googlecl-blogged-tag : if set it will tag the org
entries that you blog. That tag wont be transmitted to the actual
blog.  I'm wondering if a better idea is to log the url
of any new blog as a property of an org entry (option based of
course). Thoughts?  it would mean you can instantly open your org entry
blog item and edit as you see fit.

In addition you can now set googlecl-auto-del to avoid delete
prompts - it will just automatically delete any entires with the same
title as your new blog.

cheers

r.