* org-clock-idle-time resolving dialogues seem to stack up for each passed idle time period
@ 2010-08-06  7:35 Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2010-08-06  7:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

hi all,

having set org-clock-idle-time to 15 minutes the dialogue to resolve the idle time shows correctly after 15 minutes of idle time.
Many times I simply press "j" just to jump to the running clock.

What I experience is that I have to press "j" several times until the dialogue gets finally closed.
It looks like the resolving dialogues are stacking up, one for each org-clock-idle-time period that has passed.

Can anybody confirm this - well - bug?

Rainer

* Re: org-clock-idle-time resolving dialogues seem to stack up for each passed idle time period
@ 2010-10-07  8:46 ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2010-10-07  8:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 06.08.2010 09:35, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> hi all,
>
> having set org-clock-idle-time to 15 minutes the dialogue to resolve the idle time shows correctly after 15 minutes of idle time.
> Many times I simply press "j" just to jump to the running clock.
>
> What I experience is that I have to press "j" several times until the dialogue gets finally closed.
> It looks like the resolving dialogues are stacking up, one for each org-clock-idle-time period that has passed.
>
> Can anybody confirm this - well - bug?
>

> Rainer

Hi all,

this still bugs me. After leaving idle my emacs for some time longer
than the configured idle time I have to apply answers to the idle-time
dialogue several times. I cannot simply press "j" to jump to the open clock but
have to press "j" an unknown many times, mostly ending up with one or more "j"
characters at the point I am being jumped to finally...

Looks like I am the only one using this feature?

Anybody has an idea?

@ 2011-01-24 13:41   ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-01-24 13:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 07.10.2010 10:46, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
> Am 06.08.2010 09:35, schrieb Rainer Stengele:
>> hi all,
>>
>> having set org-clock-idle-time to 15 minutes the dialogue to resolve the idle time shows correctly after 15 minutes of idle time.
>> Many times I simply press "j" just to jump to the running clock.
>>
>> What I experience is that I have to press "j" several times until the dialogue gets finally closed.
>> It looks like the resolving dialogues are stacking up, one for each org-clock-idle-time period that has passed.
>>
>> Can anybody confirm this - well - bug?
>>

>> Rainer

> Hi all,
>
> this still bugs me. After leaving idle my emacs for some time longer
> than the configured idle time I have to apply answers to the idle-time
> dialogue several times. I cannot simply press "j" to jump to the open clock but
> have to press "j" an unknown many times, mostly ending up with one or more "j"
> characters at the point I am being jumped to finally...
>
> Looks like I am the only one using this feature?
>
> Anybody has an idea?
>
> Rainer

Hi all,

anybody?

- Rainer

* Re: Re: org-clock-idle-time resolving dialogues seem to stack up for each passed idle time period
@ 2011-02-27 16:37     ` David Maus
From: David Maus @ 2011-02-27 16:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

At Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:41:15 +0100,
Rainer Stengele wrote:

> > this still bugs me. After leaving idle my emacs for some time longer
> > than the configured idle time I have to apply answers to the idle-time
> > dialogue several times. I cannot simply press "j" to jump to the open clock but
> > have to press "j" an unknown many times, mostly ending up with one or more "j"
> > characters at the point I am being jumped to finally...
> >
> > Looks like I am the only one using this feature?
> >
> > Anybody has an idea?

I couldn't reproduce this problem neither with

Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.509.g99aa5)

on

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian

nor on

GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
 of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1

I had set `org-clock-idle-time' to 1, left the computer for a while
and when I came back there was just one clock resolving prompt
waiting.

Did you check if this problem occurs on emacs -q and just loading Org
mode w/o any configuration?

My preliminary conclusion on this issue: Org uses a timer object to
trigger the prompt -- if you are prompted multiple times this
would/could indicate that there are multiple timers for idle clock
resolving.

Can you verifiy this by checking the value of `timer-list' (C-h v
timer-list RET)?

Best,
  -- David
--
OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 230 bytes --]

* Re: Re: org-clock-idle-time resolving dialogues seem to stack up for each passed idle time period
@ 2011-02-28 13:31       ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-02-28 13:31 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David Maus; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Am 27.02.2011 17:37, schrieb David Maus:
> Hi Rainer,
>
> At Mon, 24 Jan 2011 14:41:15 +0100,
> Rainer Stengele wrote:
>>>
>>> this still bugs me. After leaving idle my emacs for some time longer
>>> than the configured idle time I have to apply answers to the idle-time
>>> dialogue several times. I cannot simply press "j" to jump to the open clock but
>>> have to press "j" an unknown many times, mostly ending up with one or more "j"
>>> characters at the point I am being jumped to finally...
>>>
>>> Looks like I am the only one using this feature?
>>>
>>> Anybody has an idea?
>
> I couldn't reproduce this problem neither with
>
> Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.509.g99aa5)
>
> on
>
> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
> of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian
>
> nor on
>
> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
> of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
>
> I had set `org-clock-idle-time' to 1, left the computer for a while
> and when I came back there was just one clock resolving prompt
> waiting.
>
> Did you check if this problem occurs on emacs -q and just loading Org
> mode w/o any configuration?
>
> My preliminary conclusion on this issue: Org uses a timer object to
> trigger the prompt -- if you are prompted multiple times this
> would/could indicate that there are multiple timers for idle clock
> resolving.
>
> Can you verifiy this by checking the value of `timer-list' (C-h v
> timer-list RET)?
>
> Best,
> -- David
> --
> OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
> Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org
> Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de

Hi David,

I get this:

timer-list is a variable defined in `C source code'.
Its value is
([nil 19819 40376 0 60 display-time-event-handler nil nil]
 [nil 19819 40376 0 60 appt-check nil nil]
 [nil 19819 40382 402000 60 org-resolve-clocks-if-idle nil nil]
 [nil 19819 40382 402000 60 org-clock-update-mode-line nil nil])

So this looks like there is only one timer for resolving the org clock.
Hm.

Regards,
Rainer

* Re: Re: Re: org-clock-idle-time resolving dialogues seem to stack up for each passed idle time period
@ 2011-03-03 14:02         ` Rainer Stengele
From: Rainer Stengele @ 2011-03-03 14:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: David Maus, emacs-orgmode

Am 28.02.2011 14:31, schrieb Rainer Stengele:

> Am 27.02.2011 17:37, schrieb David Maus:
>> Hi Rainer,

>> I couldn't reproduce this problem neither with
>>
>> Org-mode version 7.4 (release_7.4.509.g99aa5)
>>
>> on
>>
>> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
>> of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian
>>
>> nor on
>>
>> GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt6.1.7600)
>> of 2010-05-08 on G41R2F1
>>
>> I had set `org-clock-idle-time' to 1, left the computer for a while
>> and when I came back there was just one clock resolving prompt
>> waiting.
>>
>> Did you check if this problem occurs on emacs -q and just loading Org
>> mode w/o any configuration?
>>
>> My preliminary conclusion on this issue: Org uses a timer object to
>> trigger the prompt -- if you are prompted multiple times this
>> would/could indicate that there are multiple timers for idle clock
>> resolving.
>>
>> Can you verifiy this by checking the value of `timer-list' (C-h v
>> timer-list RET)?
>>
>> Best,
>> -- David
>> --
>> OpenPGP... 0x99ADB83B5A4478E6
>> Jabber.... dmjena@jabber.org
>> Email..... dmaus@ictsoc.de
>
> Hi David,
>
> I get this:
>
> timer-list is a variable defined in `C source code'.
> Its value is
> ([nil 19819 40376 0 60 display-time-event-handler nil nil]
>  [nil 19819 40376 0 60 appt-check nil nil]
>  [nil 19819 40382 402000 60 org-resolve-clocks-if-idle nil nil]
>  [nil 19819 40382 402000 60 org-clock-update-mode-line nil nil])
>
> So this looks like there is only one timer for resolving the org clock.
> Hm.
>
> Regards,
> Rainer

Hi!
Once again I had the case of being forced to press "j" half a dozen times
until the idle clock mechanism frees the keyboard for regular input.
I watched the idle time display in the minibuffer. It changed fro mkeypress
to keypress so this really looks like there are stacked up many timers.

@ 2011-03-06 18:16           ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2011-03-06 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Rainer Stengele; +Cc: David Maus, emacs-orgmode

Hi Rainer,

Rainer Stengele <rainer.stengele@diplan.de> writes:

> Once again I had the case of being forced to press "j" half a dozen times
> until the idle clock mechanism frees the keyboard for regular input.
> I watched the idle time display in the minibuffer. It changed fro mkeypress
> to keypress so this really looks like there are stacked up many
> timers.

Does that happens with a bare emacs/org, with no configuration?

~$ emacs -q

--
 Bastien